Wednesday, October 15, 2008

fun weekend



We went up to my parents last weekend. The kids love it when we go and HATE to come home. My mom told Cohen he could stay and live with them and he seriously wanted to. When I told him I would miss him he said, "But you have Ammon."

Friday night I went to the ward craft night with my mom and made some cute decorations. But the best part was getting to spend time with my old friends in McKinleyville. When we were done with the crafts we went to Denny's for dessert. It made me realize how much I miss having good friends. Luckily I've finally got a couple of them here!

The kids and I went with my mom to the CASA walk the next morning. The boys loved it but I froze the whole time. Definitely something I DON"T miss about living there. Then we went home and took naps. My mom cooked a full turkey dinner that night. It was delicious! I helped a little but couldn't keep up with her. She is seriously an animal in the kitchen! Maybe that's why her kitchen is a wreck when she's done cooking and mine is clean. I clean as I cook and she cleans when it's all over. Tasha and Craig came over later that evening and hung out with us while the kids ran around. I loved holding her baby, Bailee.

At church the next morning Cohen pushed the fire alarm. The minute he did it he started bawling. It was a little embarrassing. The primary was half way out the building, the Arcata ward was in the middle of blessing the water, while my mom ran to call the fire department. Leave it to Cohen. Jody said he looked at his friend Chris and said,"Where are my kids?" He knew it had to be one of them.


The night we got home Jody went to check on the boys after they'd gone to sleep and he found them snuggled up together!

This is the saddest face. Ammon was very upset to leave Grandma and Grandpa.


Ammon convinced everyone to play duck-duck-goose with him.

My friends Dana and Stacey came to visit from Calgary, Canada on Monday. It was so great to see old friends. Dana and I used to work together at Budget and I became good friends with both of them while living in Provo. Thanks to facebook we found each other! Their boys are adorable. Cohen and Joshua became fast friends. If only we lived closer to them.


7 comments:

Debbi said...

Oh my gosh Kelly! I would have died - that fire alarm story is so funny! This is when it would be good to ask Cohen, "Where is your mommy?" Oh, I am going to laugh for a while about this one!

Kasey said...

I don't know how you are going to survive when/if you guys leave California. You have it so good! I called mom the day you had turkey and couldn't stop salivating. Sounds SO good. I love that you called mom and animal in the kitchen. Love the visual!

I'm dying about Cohen's fire alarm pulling.

Love the picture of Rylee! She is a doll. And those are the cutest shoes! And sweatshirt :) Where'd you get the shoes?

Lani said...

hey kel bel. sounds fun. your kids are as cute as usual. wanna come go to the academy of science on Saturaday? I think Jami is coming for sure so you guys really should!!

Alex and Mitch said...

cute pics! I died when dad told me about Cohen and the fire alarm. sooo funny. Mom and Dad's backyard looks sooo good! I miss the house so much!

Missy said...

I love that your husband knew it was one of your kids. That is so funny.

Looks like you had the best time - and that it looks like Fall was totally in the air up there.

Christi said...

I love that he pulled the fire alarm! It sounds like something the Thomas babies would do, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Lindsey said...

rylee looks knida like sienna in that pic of her with the cute sweater on. the fire alarm is hilarious!