Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!









It's been a busy day! Halloween gets much crazier once your kids are in school. Here's a rundown of my day:
  • 8:00 a.m - Took Ammon to school. Costume and all.
  • 9:15 - Drop Cohen and Faith (the girl I watch but just finished my last day watching today) to preschool. Head to Raley's to get food for Ammon's school party.
  • 10:00 - Prepare food.
  • 10:45 - Go to Ammon's class for his party. Watch him sing 5 Halloween songs with his class. He is in the front singing loud and acting out all parts!
  • 1:15- Get home from the party. Put the kids down for naps.
  • 2-3:15- Take a nap myself! Hurray. I haven't been able to take naps lately. Get up and clean up around the house. Talk on the phone, check emails.
  • 5:00- Go get a jack-o-lantern pizza at Papa Murphey's. The boys came with me and got free mini pizza's. The place was packed we waited in line for 20 minutes.
  • 6:00 p.m. - Get home and bake pizza's. Eat. Get kids ready to go out.
  • 6:30- Trick or Treating!
  • 8:15- Kid's are tired and ready to go home.

I'm not complaining. I really actually love being busy. Rylee wore her Tinkerbell costume all day. I swear she knew she was dressed up. When I went into Raley's to get a few things people were giving her lots of compliments and she would duck her head like she was embarrassed. She loved trick or treating. She would grab as much candy as she could and try to go in people's homes. I think she was even trying to say trick or treat. She would go right up to people and start "talking" to them. Cohen got freaked out one time when a guy dressed as a monster walked by. When I picked him up he was trembling and his little heart was beating so fast! Ammon was there to check people out and touch all of the decorations. He is such a funny kid. Right now he's watching Halloween movies. We had a great day. Thank goodness the weather cooperated.

In case you weren't sure:

  • Ammon is Zorro (not a ninja, like some people thought)
  • Cohen is Peter Pan (not Robin Hood)
  • Rylee is Tinkerbell
  • Jody? Well he's my sugar daddy, of course!

12 comments:

Kasey said...

Such cute pics! People thought Ammon was a ninja? Really? I swear, some people should get out more. He is OBVIOUSLY Zorro.

Rylee is adorable as Tink!

Yay for your nap. That is wonderful. But I'm a little curious as to why I didn't get a phone call. Weren't you supposed to call me back a few days ago???

Lindsey said...

cutest kids! i cannot believe how big rylee is these days! i miss her so much. (and the other kids too.) and cohen, he is looking like jody to me. ammon is obviously zorro. love their costumes!

Kinsey said...

I can't believe you already have your Halloween pictures posted! Your kids look soooo cute! You've got a beautiful family! Halloween is fun but I know what you mean. At one point I wanted to just crash....

Kalie said...

Too funny Kyle was Zorro too :) By the end of the night he looked like a burglar. I absolutely love Tinkerbell. You look like you guys had a good time - nice job blogging so fast...it's going to take me awhile.

Celeste said...

They all look so adorable! I love Rilee in her cute tinker bell costume... she is so cute. It sounds like you guys had a great day even if it was a little crazy.

...and yes my hair is crimped in that pictures... well I used a 3 way roller... I think it's like the same thing as a crimper. It takes so long to do it though... so I only do it for Halloween and maybe a few other times here and there.

Natty said...

What a good mom to do all that for your cute kids, they looked great.

Christen said...

My favorite line...

"Jody? Well he's my sugar daddy, of course!"

Hilarious.

Alex and Mitch said...

love the pics! the kids are adorable. how fun to go to Ammon's class party! I can just see him in front getting into it! Rylee is looking so big!!!

Aubree said...

As always your kids are really cute!!! Love that Jody is your sugar daddy!

Pam said...

Such cute pics. I love that rylee was so into Halloween. She really thinks she's older than she is-who does that remind me of??? The boys look adorable too. Good job on getting pictures up so early. If you still live there next year, we will be there!

Heidi said...

I am loving Ammon's "muscles". The pizzas sound cool, I didn't know they did that

kh said...

Wow! What a day! You stayed out until 8:15? Awesome! We barely hit the hour mark and we (the kids mostly) were actually asking to go home.

I love your kids costumes!