Sunday, October 19, 2008

festivities






Have you ever eaten so many pumpkin bars that your sick? That's me right now. They are so addicting. It's a combination of the cream cheese frosting with moist pumpkin cake. I eat so many this time of year that I don't feel like making them for a whole year. Ammon has the sharing can for school tomorrow so we made some sugar cookies for his class. Not the typical ones that take hours, a simple no frosting recipe. If you'd like I will share it with you. So add a few cookies on to my pan of pumpkin bars and just imagine how disgusting I feel right now.

This weekend we went to a Harvest Party that some friends here have annually. It's truly wonderful, picturesque and one of those memories, as a child, you will always have. Imagine a home situated on five acres. A warm clear evening, children running freely, eating every type of cookie, cake, candy and popcorn imaginable. Food, every kind of food. Hay rides on a tractor down to a spooky gazebo where you get a treat bag. A pumpkin patch to pick all kinds and sizes of pumpkins and as many as your arms can carry to take home. Jump house, trampoline, swing set, tetherball, a fire pit and lots of happy people. Ammon spent his evening chasing and holding a snake. Cohen jumped and ate way too much junk food. Rylee literally ran away all evening long. I chased her and Jody played tetherball. We had a great evening. This is how people should celebrate the fall season. Good times.

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

That sounds really fun and festive. I don't think I've ever had a pumpkin bar. Have you posted the recipe for them?

Is your shirt from gap? it's cute. I saw one like it on the site and was thinking of getting it with the gift card from you and alex.

Heidi said...

Sounds perfectly ideal! Well, besides the snake...

Debbi said...

I love your shirt and Rylee's sweater in the pictures. What a fun outing!

Pam said...

Sounds like a perfect fall outing! I am making sugar cookies tonight for my visiting teachers!!

Kelly said...

Lindsey, the shirt is from AE. Got it last year for a steal, 10 bucks!

Kasey said...

Fall, what's that? Definitely something I missed out on this year. Kinda went straight to winter for us. That party sounds great. I remember you talking about it last year and I was jealous then. And I'm even more so now. I LOVE fall! You lucky girl.

Missy said...

Sounds perfect. LOOKS perfect - the photos are so good. I love that your husband played tetherball, it is my favorite!

How does your hair always look good? Do you have naturally straight hair?

Christi said...

Looks like you guys had the perfect fall day!!