Friday, May 30, 2008

he's all grown up!

Oh man break my heart. Not only is he going to turn five next month but he will be in Kindergarten next year! This makes me so sad. I am way too sentimental.

For Ammon's end of preschool party the class had a Luau. He loved it. They had volleyball, tattoo's, fishing, digging in sand for sea creatures, art projects, dress up and more. The teachers made a slide show of pictures from the school year and when they showed the dramatic play pictures it was no surprise to see Ammon in almost every one dressed up in some crazy costume.

They also had a beach scene set up to take pictures of the kids in front of. Next to it were a bunch of beach clothes to put on. I got Ammon and I all dressed up and asked someone to take our picture. Unfortunately I asked the wrong mom. Joleene's mom. Joleene is Ammon's first real crush. He talks about her all of the time and says how beautiful she is. He wouldn't take a picture with me because he was too shy in front of her mom! After the party he told me that he gave Joleene a hug goodbye because they won't be at the same school next year. I can't believe I missed it! Every time he talks about her he gets a embarrassed/flirty look on his face. I tried to get a picture of them together today at his last day of school but she wasn't there! Hopefully she will come to his party next month.

Ammon with his four teachers and a random girl in the class.




Ammon is looking much older lately. He is also understanding more. The other day he brought me one of Alex's tampons and asked me what they were for. I made him go ask his dad. He's come a long way from getting them out of the garbage and putting them in his mouth, right Kas and Linds? (He did this at snowbird one time and Kasey gave him a box of them for Xmas as a joke.) He suddenly doesn't like to change in front of other people when we are at swim lessons and makes me close the curtain in the bathroom. The other day I was in the shower with Cohen and I wouldn't let him in because he's too old to see me naked and he was saying, "but that's not fair!" Someday he'll thank me. I just can't believe it's almost been five years since I had this sweet boy. It's going way too fast.

8 comments:

Christen said...

I love that you made him go ask his dad! ;) That boy is a little heartbreaker for sure!

Pam said...

Dad and I were laughing at loud at his cute pictures and the funny stories. He's a special little boy and we sure love him!

Alex and Mitch said...

he is so funny. love the pictures of him. he has been looking older to me too. love the little tyke!

Lindsey said...

I just love ammon! Hilarious about the girl in class he likes. I can just picture his shy/embarrassed face! What a cute school to throw a luau like that. I can't believe he is going to be 5!! Had to laugh about the tampons....

Heidi said...

Love the stories. He seriously sounds like such a character and fun kid to be around.

Natty said...

I dont want teegs to ever grow up. Time just goes way too fast. Ammon is such a stud though. You better watch for all those girls that are going to be after him.

Sarie said...

I wish I could see him more! You guys are such a cool family. I hate that Grace is growing up.. I think we're always going to hate it but we can't do a dang thing about it! Hopefully he'll one day think the tampon thing is hilarious:)

Jami said...

way too fast, but what a cutie! Love that face and everything about him...