Whew. We made it. Last week was rough. We ended up going to a hotel Thursday night because our house was 92 degrees! The kids loved it. They thought the microwave, mini-fridge, and toilet paper roll with extra toilet paper behind it was, "so cool!" It was great to spend the night cool and comfortable. Well maybe not comfortable with 4 people smashed in a bed together. Unfortunately we woke up the next morning to Ammon and Rylee throwing up and Jody and I not feeling to swell either. Cohen was the only one who made it through the weekend unscathed. The only good thing about being sick when your kids are is that everyone has no energy (besides Cohen) and everyone lays around. Even Rylee just slept or wanted to be held all weekend which was a nice change. I thought she was doing better but I went to check up on her last night and she had thrown up all over her bed. I felt so bad for her. But she was exhausted and didn't want to be bothered. I quickly changed her and put her in the porta crib. She does seem a little better today.
On Saturday I took Cohen with me to Costco and Target because he was getting pretty bored in the house. He was actually great to have alone but is SO much different than Ammon. SO independent and thinks we are all the same age. He will glare and yell at me if he doesn't get his way. Yesterday I didn't get his lunch quick enough and he yelled,"get me some turkey NOW!" The other day he was getting on Jody's computer and I told him his dad was going to get mad at him and he said, "No he won't. He's my dad. He loves me." He really is a sweet boy but so stubborn.
I'm finally posting some pics from Kasey's house. I had so much fun with her and the kids. They are all so cute. I loved trying to fix Sienna's hair (not as cute as Kasey does but I needed the practice), sleeping with Kasey and all three kids in her bed, eating yummy food, playing games with Kaden (he is SOOOO smart), watching Alexa play t-ball, practicing baseball with Kaden who would get really upset if he didn't hit the ball good or if his mom pitched badly. Sienna is a total love and cuddler. I also enjoyed getting to know Kasey's friends. I'm so jealous. I'm hoping I will see Kas and her fam again this summer.
A few pics from the weekend at mom and dad's house. Love Big Lagoon.
8 comments:
Glad you have been having so much fun lately! (minus the flu part) Kasey's kids are really cute all your guy's kids kinda look alike!
I bet you glad the weather is a bit cooler this week!
I hope you guys are feeling better! That is so miserable to all be sick, especially in such hot weather! Glad you had such a great time with Kase and the fam. Your purple sweater is super cute.
That is a cool picture of Cohen at the end. I can't believe how hot your house was....I would of went to a hotel too. Your trip to Kasey's sounded great - Can't wait to see what you do with photoshop :)
Love all the pictures! I hope everyone gets better soon and that I don't get it! Cohen is seriously hilarious. It is hard to get mad at him for talking back and being so stuborn cus he honestly thinks we are all the same. There is no parent/child dynamic with that boy. He thinks since we talk to him that way when he isn't listening that he can say it right back and it is just so funny! love the little guy!
Your family is so cute. I love sisters and miss mine so much. Looks like fun kelly. Did you darken your hair? It's cute.
Girl we have got to at least get you a window unit!!! Its to hot not to have AC!!! Kasey looks so good!! I haven't seen her in like 10 years!!!
that's horrible! Hope you all start feeling better. Love the pics of your travels. You do get around and I'm amazed at how you do it. You and Kase look so cute. I love your date night!
Ughh...I DO NOT look cute! But, it was a fun date. I miss ya Kel! Can't wait until we can hang out on a regular basis.
Post a Comment