A few of you asked how we refinished the dresser. Honestly it was NOT difficult. I bought all of the supplies at Home Depot and the lady in the paint department told me how to do it.
You can do it manually with sand paper but a hand sander is much better. Here are a list of items I purchased for the project:
electric sander (the cheapest one, $30)
extra sand paper (varying grades)
primer (the lady tinted it green from the paint listed below)
quart of green paint (or whatever color you want to show up underneath)
quart of white paint
handle/knobs from target
Steps:
1.took all old hardware off and sanded it down
2.painted primer on
3. painted a layer of green paint
4. sanded again.
5.painted white
6.painted white one more time
7. sanded in areas I wanted it to look distressed. Around all edges, inside grooves of drawers. The top and sides were the hardest but eventually got what I was wanting. This is the fun part! And also why it's nice to have different grades of sandpaper. The finer ones won't take as much off and I found that the rough grade sandpaper worked the best around all of the edges. We also had some square block hand sanders that worked nicely.
8. Add the hardware, and TA DA!
Let me know if you have any questions. I can't wait to do it again. Seriously you start looking at all of your stuff and think, "huh, I wonder what I could do with that?"
4 comments:
wow! Who knew you were so talented?!? It looks amazing!
and only kidding about the talented part... you are an iorg right? :)
awesome... seriously... you make it sound so easy!! Thanks for letting me know how to do it... I really do want to refinish my bedroom furniture.
Ok, I'm seriously asking questions. How did you know green paint and what color green did you do?
You make it sound so easy. I only wish you were my neighbor.
Post a Comment