Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Vacacion


Where do I begin? From the moment I walked on to the airplane I was in total relaxation mode. To be able to read a book uninterrupted is wonderful. But once I walked through the doors of the hotel and the smell of lavender hit me I knew it was going to be a wonderful trip.


Some highlights include:
  1. sleeping in
  2. 3:00 p.m. blackjack everyday resulting in free pina colada's
  3. hot tubing at night followed by sitting around a fire
  4. $200 in free meal vouchers and $50 for the spa to go to a 90 minute timeshare presentation that included a delicious free breakfast.
  5. the aroma
  6. reading 3 books and countless magazines
  7. Mom's dramatizing EVERYTHING i.e. "Lee we are coming here again." In her most stern, sooo mater of fact voice. Sister's you know that voice!
  8. Dad's idea of what to do in the event of a tsunami. Grab his bag of Cheetos's and blow into it for oxygen.
  9. Dad and Jody's ideas of what to do to the couple out on the beach who were having a romantic dinner one night followed by using one of the canopy beds. One idea was to ask if we could share the bed, pretend they were the musical entertainment for the evening, hide under neath the bed and scare them.
  10. The lady who told dad, "Mister, get a new wife!" After mom blew her off at the airport because she didn't want to hear the timeshare spiel.
  11. The lady who was taking a tour of the resort, looked at the pool and said, "oh that's a good idea, then you can get wet too." Yes a pool at a resort, what a novel idea!
  12. Getting my mom to say a bad word. Hope she doesn't cuss me out for saying this!
  13. Best spa experience of my life.
  14. Having a private dinner on the beach with Jody on our anniversary.

I could go on and on. It was just the perfect vacation for a mother of three youngin's. Think relax, relax and then relax some more. I was starting to think that boredom was a thing of the past but by Saturday I was actually bored! What a great feeling.

On Thursday Jody actually said to me, "Okay we only have two days left so we have to fully relax and enjoy them." I looked at him and said, "Are you kidding? What do you think I've been doing?"

p.s. Have you ever seen a bald mexican man? None of us think we have.

25 comments:

Debbi said...

How fun! I love the pictures, and I love your swim suit! You're parents are so young and how fun you got to go with them! Wade and I were just looking at these and we both commented that our parents would never look that young in pictures of us and them. I bet it was the best trip ever.

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex and Mitch said...

I love your list...it is hilarious. I can totally hear mom is her dramatic voice. Sounds like the best trip...ever!

btw: cant think of any bald mexican man I have seen....weird

Aubree said...

Sounds so great!! You both are such great looking couples! Glad you had fun!

Kasey said...

Oh, those pictures make me so jealous! Looks like so much fun. I love your plaid shorts. Where'd you get them? You look so cute!

When I read #7 I swear I could hear her saying it. Mom, you crack me up! And you've peaked my interest in getting mom to say a bad word...do tell!

Christen said...

Kelly, you are smokin' - love the suit! And I think your dad is the youngest looking dad ever. Seriously. I can't wait to take a vacation like that... maybe someday.

Nicki said...

Kelly! Where was your vacation? I need to write down the name of the resort and start hinting to my husband that we NEED a good vacation! (maybe if I start now, we'll get to go in a few years?!) And I LOVE your bathing suits... so cute!

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures (and fun recap) Kelly! You and Jody are a hot couple! You DO NOT look like you have had 3 kids! I am so glad you guys had a fun time! When are you going next? (I know after a vaca like that, you MUST have already planned the next trip!) :0)

Janelle said...

Kelly, I know that almost everyone has commented on you swim suit (the white one), but I love it. Where did you get it?

Janelle said...

Kelly, I know that almost everyone has commented on you swim suit (the white one), but I love it. Where did you get it?

Kelly said...

Kasey- Plaid shorts are Alex's.

Nicki- We went to Cabo San Lucas and stayed at the Pueblo Bonito Pacifica resort and spa.

Kristen- Thank you! Are next trip...yes we have been talking possibly a cruise!

Janelle- The swimsuit is from Modbe. It is the best suit! Go to Tiffany's link, she sells it!

Kalie said...

You guys look like you had a fabulous time. I love your family pictures below so cute.

Lindsey said...

I think I laughed out loud too many times to count during this post. Hilarious + fun memories! What did mom say? I am dying! It looks so amazing there! How fun!!

Sarie said...

Ya, so jealous of that trip! You and Jody do look really great and so do your parents! So fun that you guys decided to do that, it's the break you needed!

Celeste said...

Oh my gosh you lucky little lady!! What a great trip you had... I'm so happy for your get away. Your new swim suit look great too... mostly because you have a smokin' hot body !! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, who are the two smokin studs! Must be Jody and one ofhis friends.

Tiffany said...

so jealous! The suits looked darling, you pull them off well!

Kristan Carter said...

Kelly,
I am so glad you had so much fun. It is so nice to get away....Tell you dad and mom they look great....I love the new suit....Looks like you had lots of fun and lots of laughs...that is the best part.

The Turner Family said...

What an awesome trip! Looks like you guys had the time of your life. I'm so jealous. By the way, you look amazing!

Christi said...

It looks like you had a blast!!! I am sooo jealous!!!

Jami said...

I am dying right now! You are hilarious and I can tell you had so much fun. A bald mexican? Maybe one, but not all the way bald...ha. I'm looking at your pics next but had to comment before Keal wakes up. I'm still cracking up. Some day I will take a vacation like that! AND love the portraits! That one of Cohen is so handsome and adorable I just want to kiss his little face!

Jami said...

love the pics. You're gorgeous and that place is gorgeous!

Missy said...

I just have to say that this trip looks amazing!

Heidi said...

That sounds like so much fun! The relaxing as well as all the inside jokes you have created with your parents. I could definitely use a tropical vacation right about now!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly,

There are a few of us putting together a 10 year class reunion (myself, jill, lauren and craig) anyway I've got your mailing address from tasha but I forgot to get both yours and hers email addresses to keep you in the loop. If your interested please send it to us at mckhigh98@yahoo.com

Thanks
Eava