Sunday, April 20, 2008

events

We had a good week. Jody flew to SLC on Monday night to drive Alex home from Utah. He was able to see his mom, sister and niece that evening. They were in Provo getting Hayli set for school this summer. I was alone with the kids for two long days but we handled it well. I am super paranoid and actually ended up putting the boys in bed with me and Rylee in our closet Monday night (it is huge). Then I pushed the dresser in front of the door and was able to sleep great!

It is wonderful having Alex here. Not only do I get a whole new wardrobe but a friend to do everything with! We have already been shopping and to a movie. We saw 21 and really enjoyed it. She is also a great help with the kids. I'm just so happy that she is staying for two months and I know I will be sad when she leaves.

We took family pictures on Saturday. We haven't had any done since Cohen was a baby. I was very nervous because I was afraid our clothes wouldn't look right or the kids wouldn't be good for the photographer. Everything turned out okay. It ended up being really cold and the wind was blowing like crazy. I'm just hoping we get one shot of the family with out my hair blowing in the wind.

Because the kids did such a good job we took them to Funky Monkey (think Chuck E. Cheese but good pizza) last night. It's the greatest place. They run around and have the time of their lives and for 10 bucks we get plenty of tokens for games. Plus I must admit that we enjoy the games as well. The minute we drove up Cohen got super excited and started yelling, "The Funky Monkey!" You've got to hear him say it. He almost sounds like he's saying a bad word.

Rylee is almost done nursing :(. I usually nurse her every morning and this was the first day I didn't. I think I will nurse one more time tonight. It will have been almost 36 hours and then be done. It is so sad. This morning Cohen was trying to nurse her. He said, "I have bo-bo's I can feed her. " Then he lifted his shirt and tried to pull her to his chest! A little disturbing but hilarious.

We have a great week ahead of us. Can't wait to tell you all about it!

p.s Alex is blogging again. check it out!

8 comments:

Aubree said...

Have a great time! I am so jealous!
I am not a huge fan of nursing but it is sad when it is over. I was really sad with Cohen because my body quit on me and was only able to for 5 months. Oh well
I bet that is so fun having Alex around. I wish my sister would come for 2 months.
I love reading Alex's blog. I hope she feels better soon!
Get a great tan this week!

Alex and Mitch said...

Thanks for giving a shout out to my blog sis!! :)

Love being able to spend so much time with you!!

Kasey said...

Have fun on your trip, sucka! I am so dang jealous it's not even funny. I just can't wait for you to get back b/c that means it's closer to when you come visit!

Lucky you to have Alex there for two whole months. Not only because I LOVE Alex to pieces, but the whole double wardrobe thing is awesome. Especially when it's Alex you are sharing clothes with!

Lindsey said...

I can't wait to see the family pictures. So funny about funky monkey - what a great place for kids! I can totally he see Cohen so excited.

Have fun in Mexico. I am jealous you get alex for a whole two months AND that you get to go visit Kasey afterwards. Not fair.

Debbi said...

HAHA! I love the story about Cohen, it's cracking me up!

Celeste said...

That sounds like something I would do... push a dresser in front of the door. ...that's so funny.
I hope you guys have a blast.. I cant wait to hear about it and see the pics.

Heidi said...

Oh I am excited to see your family pics. Have fun on your trip!

Jami said...

can't wait for pictures! We have to get together a few times while Alex is here. I'm dying to see you guys!