Sunday, April 06, 2008

satisfaction


Before


AFTER!!!




I am so happy with the way the dresser turned out. I bought it on craigslist for $75 and completely refinished it. It was such a satisfying experience. It was also a great way for Jody and I to spend some time together. He did as much if not more work than I did. Now I'm starting to look at all of our furniture getting ideas..... Jody keeps asking me how much he thinks we could sell it for. There's no way I'm selling it!

23 comments:

Pam said...

Awesome!! It is amazing how good it looks, I am so impressed and proud!!

Lindsey said...

I LOVE it! Definitely shabby chic and just all around perfect. I can see it in Rylee's room already. I love how you used knobs and handles. I think that was the best idea!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love the knobs and handles! I need to get Ty involved in more projects.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks great. You guys did such a good job. I don't think that kind of thing is a easy task. So proud of you both. GM Cindy

Debbi said...

Way to go! That looks awesome! There is no way I would sell it either!

Jami said...

kellybelly! I'm so proud of you-it's GORGEOUS! Love how you did the handles, too. It's so satisfying doing projects like that.

Christi said...

I LOVE IT!!! You guys did such an awesome job! You could totally start a little side buisness!

Celeste said...

WOW! Seriously... it looks amazing! You did such a great job on it!! I need to hire you to come refinish my bedroom set! I can't wait to see her room all put together.

Stephanie said...

Kelly, that is so cute. We have a dresser for Téa, that we don't have room for right now, but once we move, we are going to do something like what you did, I might be getting tips from you! :)

Kasey said...

Love it! Good job Kelly! Love the picture of you posing with the dresser. YOu crack me up.

Also, so proud of you for the super cute new header! Looks great.

Heidi said...

I love it. Was the antiquing hard (or whatever treatment you gave it)? I like the use of both knobs and handles too. I know the satisfying feeling or refinishing it. I would love to do more furniture in my future as well.

Janelle said...

That looks so good. I should really try to do things like that, rather than spending too much money for something you don't love. I think that you appreciate things more when you put time into them. It looks really good

Sarie said...

I love how you're modeling it. Awesome. It turned out really cute.

Aubree said...

It looks great! I want to do something like that!

kh said...

No way! What a serious project, I was thinking more along the lines of small dresser (like bed stand) NOT THIS HUGE THING! It looks amazing, really really amazing. I can't wait to see it in her room!

I too love the new blog design! The green and black is so great together!

Kalie said...

It turned out amazing!!! Good job...and great idea finding it on craig's list. The handles and knobs look perfect.

Community Vision said...

Kelly, love the dresser. I have one taking up space in my garage that I should do that with. Post the receipt for your dresser remodel. Danielle

{Erica} said...

love love love it! I love doing something like that...making something not so cute into something AWESOME! Great job!

Megan said...

WOW it looks GREAT

Megan said...

WOW it looks GREAT

Kendra Nielson said...

Kelly,

How the heck are you! Sorry we haven't kept in touch. Kendra is doing great and I have one more semester then I am done with my undergraduate degree. You did a great job with that furniture piece. Please hello to jody for me. Hope all is well!

-Joel

Missy said...

I can't believe you just posted this! I have a dresser that I want to do for our new baby girl's room. Did you get an electric sander and how did you do the distressing? I was thinking of just walking into Lowes and asking them, but it might be better coming from someone that just did it! Email if you get a chance...

Kristan Carter said...

Kelly,
I haven't had a chance to comment...I love the dresser turned out really well. Great job. Watch out Jody will have you in business.