Monday, April 14, 2008

happy weather

We are loving the warm spring days we've been having. Last week it was in the low 80's a few days. The only bad thing about warm weather is that we don't have AC! Seriously I don't know how people build new homes here without AC in them. It does cool down at night but it gets into the 90's! So I'm not looking forward to warm nights. If it was our own home we would definitely put it in.

Cabo is coming quickly. I have got Rylee down to nursing twice a day and have been VERY reluctant to take another feeding away. I have never been a lover of nursing but this time I am sad to be finished. A friend of ours has a Medela breast pump and if she can find it, has offered to let me use it. It may sound ridiculous (because Rylee takes a bottle of formula perfectly) but I am actually thinking about taking it on the trip so that I can nurse her when I get home. Hopefully she still will! I'm just not ready to let go.

This week is busy. Jody is going to drive Alex back from Utah and then we've got to get ready for our trip! I'm excited, nervous and sad to leave the kids but it will be great, like a second honeymoon.

6 comments:

Celeste said...

Yeah for warmer weather! That seriously sucks that you don't have AC though... and what were they thinking! I'm sorry that Jody has to come out here to drive back... when he just made that drive. If there is anyway Alex can wait a week I would love to drive back with her.

Lindsey said...

We don't have ac either, but it only gets uncomfortably hot here a few weeks of the year. Have you bought any fans? I can't believe you are going to be in Cabo so soon! And that you are going to pump milk while there. that is hilarious! Did Jody tell you I called today while you were on the school run? call me tomorrow.

Heidi said...

What no AC?! That is crazy. When do you leave for Cabo? Fun!

seanandkadi said...

I love that the weather is finally getting warm too!
You will have a great time in Cabo! I can't wait to hear about it.

Christi said...

I cried when I had to stop nursing Colin so I completley understand!!!

Jami said...

I'm sure once you stop nursing you will be glad for it. I can't imagine having to pump on vacation-you're crazy! But I'm glad you guys are getting a break together.. Love the pictures of Rylee!!! How cute is that little face and that chunky little body! I can't wait to see you guys again. Let's plan something when you get back.