Tuesday, April 08, 2008

farewell

Goodbye Cohen's binky. No more crying for it during the day. Searching endlessly to find one at night. No more fighting it away from Cohen after a nap or bedtime. No more binky!

It really was very easy. Why did we wait so long? Me thinking he needed it, feeling bad for taking it, and basically afraid he wouldn't sleep with out it. But the boy's been wonderful. He had a few minor melt downs Monday but since has been fine. He even "found" Rylee's binky on my bed today and brought it to me. That is a HUGE accomplishment. I was surprised that he didn't disappear with it to sneak in a few sucks.

Moving on to potty training......

12 comments:

kh said...

This post is cute. What a cute little boy you have, binky (or the lack of) and all.

About the potty training, so far BRIBERY (and sufficient reward) is working MIRACLES. Not a single accident in two days. (But she might be diabetic after this is all over! ha ha.) Good luck!

Lindsey said...

hooray for cohen! What a big boy. Oh and we've moved like 10 steps back from potty-training. I think I will wait a little bit and try again...

Love the step by step below of refinishing the dresser. You're amazing!

Anonymous said...

Good for Cohen and good for you! Don't they grow up fast. I miss you all so so much. It's hard living so far away and not getting to see them changing so quickly, and hearing and seeing all the cute and funny things they do and say. Okay, sob, sob, I'm feeling a little sorry for myself.
Potty training drove me crazy. Lots of pressure put on me to have it done by a certain age. Great it's not that way now. GMCindy

Debbi said...

way to go! That is great it wasn't a big fight! Good luck with the potty training, I waited forever with Gage - I bet Cohen will pick it up really fast since he has a big brother!

Aubree said...

Way to go Cohen! Good luck with the potty thing! No fun!
Your dresser looks so awesome!

Christi said...

CONGRATS!!!! and Good luck on the potty training!

Kalie said...

Good Job Cohen!!! That is a big step.

I am going to knock on wood right now but I think Kyle is done with the potty training. I haven't blogged about it yet because I know I will ruin this great run. He wears big boy undies and has only had a couple accidents (and even stays dry at night) yipee!! Good luck - I have NO good advice :)

Pam said...

Cute post cute little boy. Am I too wierd to say I will actually miss seeing that binky in his mouth and his "lies" about needing to go to sleep so he can have a few sucks on it, or his stealing Rylee's binky. It was all so, so funny and I'll miss it. Knowing Cohen, he'll find another way to entertain...

Celeste said...

Way to go Cohen! ... I know I'll be going through that here in a few year. ... and good luck on potty training!

Kasey said...

Go Cohen! Good luck with the potty training sista. We'll be going down that route in our house soon too. Fun times!

Missy said...

Wait, how old is Cohen b/c I'm in the same boat with Avery and I don't want to take it away for fear of her not sleeping well. I wondered if I should do it before our new baby girl comes in September, but maybe I'll just wait?! I don't know...

Jami said...

yea! I've been thinking about when to do that myself, but think we have a while to go. Glad it was so easy!