Sunday, November 04, 2007

Halloween

The day after Halloween. The picture says it all. Too much candy, not enough sleep. He and I took an evening trip to Target and Costco. I think he loves those places more than I do! I love going to Target after a holiday to see the sales. We were about a minute away from the house and Ammon was suddenly very quiet. I looked back to see this.

Tiger's very happy with the outcome of his hard work. The kids had about four times this amount. They got a lot the night before at the church party. Then Ammon went trick or treating at school and brought a whole extra bag home. I wasn't sure how to go about letting them eat it. So I let them go crazy that night and the next day and then put it away. They've seemed to forgotten about it and now I'm enjoying the fruits of their labors!


Jody decided that someone had to stay home to pass out treats. So I opted to take the kids out. It was so wonderful to step outside our door and go! We have a wonderful neighborhood. People were very generous. They got whole candy bars, toothbrushes, and popcorn. One house had a theater style popcorn popper. We waited in a ten minute line for each of the kids to get a bag. I've decided that Halloween was made for Ammon. As much as he loves to dress up there is even one thing he loves more. Seeing others dressed up. He would stop in the middle of the sidewalk and just stare at people. He was talking to everyone and asking them all about their costumes and decorations.


Cohen thoroughly enjoyed getting candy and would request suckers if he saw them in the bowl. It's nice that some people will just hold out the bowl and let the kids pick but I prefer having the person just drop a piece into my kids bag. My kids are so indecisive! Especially Ammon. I loved going with the boys. My favorite part was getting to see the insides of people's homes and the people that lived in them. I'm a little nosey! Halloween is so much fun and I was sad for it to end.




Carving pumpkins. It took me about 2.5 seconds to carve mine. As you can see Jody took a bit longer.


Our sweet little bunny didn't make it out on Halloween night. Her hair is finally starting to grow back in. I just love that little face and could kiss it all day long.


Ammon was a Ninja Turtle for the church and school party and Buzz for the trick or treating.

12 comments:

Pam said...

The kids look adorable. Rylee is the sweetest bunny ever. I think it is amazing Ammon settled on even just 2 costumes. I think the funniest thing is how you said he would ask people giving him candy, "What are you dressed as?" Halloween was made for that boy because of all the costumes. I think he's going to be an actor. Tigger looks so sweet and cute. Way too mild for wild boy! Love them all.

Pam said...

P.S. If I'm off for Halloween next year, I'm coming down and we have to all dress up with Ammon. He would LOVE it!

Jami said...

love the costumes and tired Ammo...I would have to guess that Halloween is his favorite for obvious reasons! Cohen looks so grown up and I love your little bunny!

Unknown said...

Kelly, I have so much to comment on! Like how I totally agree with you on the girl clothes. I feel like I have to buy Skye a pair of shoes in every color and all her outfits have to completely match. BUT, if I have a boy I will need advice from you on where to find cute, cheap clothes because I have no idea how to dress a boy! Also, I know what you mean... I would love to have 2 little girls so Skye would have a sister and financially it would be so nice to reuse her things, but at the same time I want at least one of each. Good thing I'm not the one choosing!

And finally... I can't believe Jody ate that bug!!! SICK!!! He really is "da man!" haha

Unknown said...

Oh, and I think I've said this before but Rylee seriously is sooooo cute. Such a natural beauty like her mama! :)

Debbi said...

I love your boys faces in these pictures. The one of Cohen on the counter is so cute! That's funny Ammon fell asleep still holding on to his pizza!

Anonymous said...

Awww, we had a hobo dinner you know you wrap up meat and veggies and through them in a fire. Well anyways we had alot of fun. When we went trick or treating and to the Church I was Jill. You know Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water jack fell down and broke his crown and jill came tumbling after. Well that was me i had bruises and a cut and my aunt Eileen emboirded Jill on it and made my bruises which everyone thoght was real. Well, I love you

Megan (Jill)

Aubree said...

Your kids look so cute! I love Rylee's bunny suit! Thanks for asking about Cohen. He is doing much better. Seems to be getting bigger and is sleeping better. Not as good as good as we was, but getting there.

Sarie said...

Oh I'm sure that it was Ammon's dream come true to see everyone else dressed up! He probably came home with so many new ideas of new costumes he wanted!

Lindsey said...

halloween was made for ammon! The kids looks so cute. I love Rylee's bunny outfit. How perfect for halloween - snuggly and sweet!

Heather and Trevor said...

Kelly, I read your cute post on Kristen's blog on my friday's friend and I was so flattered! You seem so cute too! We definatley would be friends! Thanks so much! :)

kh said...

Ha ha ha! You crack me up Kelly! I am the EXACT same way, I love looking at people's houses! I don't blame Ammon for staring at the costumes and decorations, some people really go all out! Your boys look awesome!