Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I heart sisters

The other day Alex asked whether I would like a boy or girl for my next child. I said I didn't really care. My mom was in the room and said, "Of course you do. You want a girl. Rylee needs a sister." Duh of course! Rylee totally needs a sister. I love my sisters! They are my best friends, confidants, therapists and SO much more. Alex and I drove back from McKinleyville yesterday and I look forward to spending the week with her.

Alex is very into music and knows every band and every song on the radio. We are polar opposites when it comes to this. I was telling her that I don't remember the last time I switched the c.d. playing in my car and even rarely turn it on. Well we started talking about how great the music was in the nineties. She started naming songs like Torn by Natalie Imbruglia and then Stay by Lisa Loeb. I loved Stay and remember playing it over and over. Well we couldn't remember the tune and it was killing us. So we called Kasey. When in doubt call Kasey. She is my go to girl. Before we knew it she googled the lyrics and we were all three singing Stay, in the car, with Kasey on speaker phone. It was off tune and totally out of sync but a memory I will never forget. It also made me miss Lindsey. I can't wait for the day when we can leave our kids at home and go on a trips together. Sisters are priceless.

9 comments:

Sarie said...

So So True about sisters. And Stay IS a good song! I loved that one!

Kasey said...

I agree! Sisters are the best. I was telling some people at work last night about us singing Stay. I love it! Too fun. Rylee definitely needs a sister! Or two. Or three...

Heidi said...

Sisters are the best! This made me miss my sisters too- even though I am in the same town as them right now- I wish I could live by them and play everyday. GOod thing to look to the future when the kids have grown and you can travel and visit one another a ton!

Aubree said...

Sisters are great! I wish I had more than one! I hope I do have a girl next so Hailee can have a sister. I hope them being 5-6 years apart isn't too horrible!
I made your salsa on Sunday and it was a hit! Even Toni liked it and she is a picky salsa person! Oh and I made your sister Kasey's pork sandwiches from the recipe blog! You Iorg sisters are great cooks! :) Thanks for the ideas!

Debbi said...

Your post makes me want to cry! I love sisters and they really are the best friends! I don't know what I would do each day without them - and my mom!

Pam said...

Great blog!

Lani said...

I concur. Mine is the best too!

Lindsey said...

sisters are the best. i miss you guys. and i just sang the whole lisa loeb song. you guys are funny.

Alex and Mitch said...

hahaha....us three singing in the car was hilarious! I LOVED it!!! That was a great post! Makes me miss all you girls!!

great memory to add to the books.