






I love fall. This time of year makes me miss living in Provo. I loved Provo in the fall. Driving through the canyon and seeing the beautiful colors on the trees was one of my favorite Sunday activities. I just love to think about all of the fun holidays coming up. Especially anticipating the arrival of family and being all together again during the Christmas holidays. One of the funnest things is seeing all of our kids play together for hours and hours.
So last week ended up being beautiful. On Wednesday we drove out to the pumpkin patch in Blue Lake. We met some of our friends there and rode the tractor to the field where Ammon grabbed the first pumpkin he saw. His friends took a little more time in finding the perfect one. It must have been about 80 degrees out there but I really couldn't complain.
Thursday we went on a walk to Kmart where I let Ammon look at all of the Halloween decor for about 20 minutes. I ended up having to promise that I would get him some of the "cool" stuff he found, for his birthday. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten him out of the store. We continued our walk to Round Table Pizza where we got lunch to go and took it to the park to eat it. That night I went to a Service Auction at the church where I won some pretty cool services. I won three hours of free babysitting, a dinner and a batch of homemade rolls. It was a fun night and a great activity. We spent this weekend hanging out with friends and relaxing.
10 comments:
That sounded like a great day. I love days when I can spend time with my kids leisurely. I love fall as well. I like the rain so I can stay inside, and have an excuse for not doing anything. Have a great week.
Those are some cute pictures. We are doing the pumpkin patch soon. That service auction sounds really neat. I also love the fall! It is beautiful where we live in the fall months!
Funny that Ammon agreed to the Halloween stuff since his birthday is in the summer! Co-boy looks so ADORABLE. He'e quite a looker.
I, too, love the canyons near Provo in the fall. Gorgeous.
The service auction sounds cool. As ward activities co-chair, I may need to implement something like that. You will have to tell me how it was structured.
Fall along the Wasatch front- heaven. I miss it too.
Fun that you guys went and got pumpkins. That was a big tradition in my family, but my husband is sooo not into it and I don't have kids, so until I have some, there will unfortunately be no pumpkin patches or carving in my agenda!
I love fall too. It is by far my favorite season. This weekend sounds like fun. The boys are lucky to have such a great mom to take them to do so many fun things!
Am I the only one who doesn't like fall? I guess it's knowing that it's a prelude to winter. I also hate the shorter days. But I do like soups and stews! Love the pictures of the the boys!
well mom i wouldnt say that i hate fall but it definietly isnt my favorite season. i like summer and then spring.
Kelly- Cohen is getting so big! i want to see him so bad! seriously i know you think i dont like cohen as much as ammon but i really miss the little guy! i have been admiring the beautiful colors here in provo. this morning my car was covered in leaves so as i was driving to school they were flying in the air. but it is very pretty.
Wow- you are quite the little walker these days! I wish I could've gone with you on that walk. I would LOVE to eat some Round Table while watching the kids play at Pearson.
I can't believe you won so much at the service auction! What service are you doing for someone?
Those pictures are so cute. It's so nice to see how much you just love your boys. What a great outing to take them on. The hills of Humboldt are GORGEOUS when it's sunny! It's a rare sight.
You have the cutest boys! You will just have to have another. What is the service auction? Was in an enrichment night? I will have to call you and find out the details I am always looking for ideas.
-Heather
Post a Comment