

Over the summer I complained, complained and complained some more about the weather in Humboldt County. I guess mother nature heard my cries because this fall has been warm and beautiful. Two weeks ago we had 5 days of warm beautiful weather and I assumed that would be the last of it, until next year, but low and behold it is back for another week. Today the temp was 71 degrees and tomorrow it is suppose to reach 75. To most of you this probably sounds unexciting but for us it is simply unheard of! I have already tried to plan a few activities outside before we lose it again. Number one on my list is heading to the pumpkin patch.

Last weekend Jody and I drove to the Medford Temple for a youth temple trip. We drove up with four 12-13 year old boys. I have to admit I was a little disappointed because I wanted to have girls and hear about all the boys they like. Suprisingly the boys came through for me! We were about halfway into our drive when they finally turned off their ipods and started sharing all the gossip in the ward with us. It was hilarious, I had no idea young boys even cared about girls enough to talk about them for a full hour and a half. They had the future planned of who was going to marry who and who would be inlaws with who, even down to my kids!

Later that night I was able to get the gossip from the girls because I stayed with three of them in a hotel room. They too were hilarious! We stayed in a hotel that has a water slide. After a lot of work Jody coaxed Ammon into riding it. After Ammon went down the slide he was so excited. He came over to me and said, " Mommy I did it. I went on the slide with daddy!" Then Jody said, "Do you want to do it again?" Ammon said,"No!" and ran back into the hot tub. It was pretty cute. His friend Brayden was there and they enjoyed sitting on the chairs and watching the people come down the slide.

The only unfortunate part of the trip was that we all seemed to catch a cold while we were on it. As a result I have a squeaky raspy voice. Yesterday Ammon said, "Mom talk like a girl, you sound like a boy."
14 comments:
That picture of them sitting on chairs "watching" is hilarious. I'm glad you got some warm weather! I too have so many good memories from temple trips, and I was one of the gossiping beehives!!! So fun.
Love the boys in those swim suits....they crack me up! Your trip sounded like a lot of fun.
Ammon looks like such a big boy sitting in those chairs. Cole is the biggest scarydcat(sp) in the world. Carly on the other hand will stand in the windowsill and jump!!!
the youth temple trips sounds like it was fun. seriously jealous you guys got to go to the super 8! you will have to fill me in on the youth gossip!
So Jim Bernard, our local weather man, lied! I and my kids were dressed in summer gear from head to toe and the temp didn't go over 53 degrees! My dad went fishing and said it was 80 where he went. I guess the sun wasn't able to muster up the energy to burn the fog off. Oh well, maybe tomorrow or maybe I chinxed it!
Everytime I see your blog I just love that 1st picture of that big rock - it totally reminds me of home.
That looks like a really fun youth activity! I wish I was a leader in young women's in my ward. You know the young girls always looks up so much to the young married couples with little families. They are lucky to get to hang around you and yours.
Your boys are so cute, Kell! Ammon is keeping me laughing with all the funny things he says...
Hi, how funny is your kid? Very. Good pics. How fun for you guys to hang out with some of the youth. Ditto what Heid said. I always looked up to the young families when I was a teen.
You are so lucky the weather has been so nice! The picture of the boys sitting on those chairs is so cute. The hotel with the waterslide looks fun!
Have fun at the pumpkin patch.
I'm dying that Ammon told you that you sound like a boy!
That last comment made me laugh out loud. That was so cute. It sounds like you had a good time, what a fun trip.
Kelly- on my blog you wanted to know some good books... well one I always recommend to people is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. It is one that will really get you thinking about your relationship with your children, your mom, your sisters. I think it's an amazing topic and it affects everyone in a different way. Another good one is Life of Pi. It is a book that you can't stop thinking about and what it all means! it's pretty intense, goes into religion, life. Atonement is also a good one. very postmodern though, and sometimes hard to follow. but a good one if you can get through it. I don't maybe you have read those ones, I will let you know if I think of any others that I consider must reads (besides the obvious classic).
Of course the weather was wonderful-I was out of town. All of Humboldt should pay to have me go out of town so the weather would be better more often!! Ammon and the shark suit kill me and the pictures of Coboy couldn't be cuter!
How fun! It is so interesting being around teenagers and hearing their thoughts on life...you think, wow was I that clueless?
Post a Comment