Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Going to 2nd Grade :(


We love you Ms. Rosen.


My little Ammon is going to be in second grade next year! My dad was right when he said that once your kids get into school it goes by very quickly. I feel like he was starting kindergarten a few months ago.

In the Windsor school district each school has just two grades at it until middle school. So next year Ammon will move to a new school and Cohen will go to Ammon's old school. I wish they could be together. It would be fun for them and easier for me. But they will bus Cohen over to Ammon's school and then I can pick them both up there.

Ammon had a great first grade year. We adored his teacher Ms. Rosen. She was fun, young and loving. She welcomed me bringing all of the kids to class parties or on field trips. She would teach and hold Tate at the same time. When Ammon said goodbye to her on the last day he said, "But I'll be coming back to see you when Cohen is here next year, right?" Knowing that helped him get through this process without getting sad.

In first grade Ammon learned to become a wonderful reader. He can read anything now. I love having a kid that can read. He is enjoying reading chapter books. His current one is Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

This year Ammon played baseball on the Pirates. It was machine pitch baseball and so much better than t-ball. They actually played positions, made outs, and played by the rules. We enjoyed watching Ammon better understand one of our favorite sports. Ammon is a great hitter and in his last game he was running as fast as he could and slide into third base!

2 comments:

Christi said...

Colin is headed to 2nd next year too. It hurts a little but Hannah is headed into 5th! That hurts alot!

Pam said...

What a cute little boy-every teacher loves him I'm sure! I could see so much progress in baseball when I was there too!