One of the things getting Cohen through this big move was knowing that he would return to preschool for their graduation and party. He couldn't wait to see all of this friends again. Yes having a preschool graduation is a little silly but the kids loved it.
Look at Cohen's hand in the pictures. This is so typical Cohen. He has two, possibly three rice krispy treats. He is his mother's son!
It's so hard to believe that he will start kindergarten next year. Two years ago Ammon was in this same preschool program and Cohen was running around the same age as Rylee. In two more years Rylee will be heading that way. Wow. My kids are growing up so quickly.
I love toddlers. Really I do. But they test my patience (uh hem, Rylee). Just when my kids get to the point of really thoroughly enjoying them they are off to school. Right when they start listening, not running away, understanding danger, can be taken anywhere and you can almost always count on their behavior to be good, they are gone. It's kind of messed up. For me it would be better the other way around. I think I'm a better parent to babies and school aged kids. Toddlers not so much. Do I sound like a horrible parent? Sorry but I've felt that way with all of them. Between 15 months until three, for my sanity, give me preschool!
Next year Cohen will start Kindergarten, play soccer, basketball and t-ball and do a lot of growing up. I will miss him at home. Our naps together. His "help" with Tate. Play dates at the park. Rylee will miss playing with him. I even debated to hold him back a year because his birthday is in August. We haven't ruled it out but are leaning towards sending him. He is so ready probably more so than Ammon was and Ammon has done great. Bring on the tears.
5 comments:
I agree with you on the toddler years but for my kids, it is about from 2 yrs old to 4 yrs old that is the patience trying years and then it gets better.
I cant believe how big he looks in this pictures! and that he is going to kidnergarten! Thats nice he was able to go the end of year party...looks like he loved it!
he's such a cute boy! tears, for sure. don't even want to think about that day around these parts! His classroom looks really cute.
So good to catch up on all your news! Good to know you're still alive. I will miss Ruby, too, it's really sad... but on the other hand I can tell she is becoming increasingly bored at home! I hope you have a fun summer, wish I was visiting Humboldt, we would have a blast. Probably going to try and come out in October.
He's getting so big! I love all the pictures- especially the last one with the rice crispie treats! Hilarious.
Post a Comment