Thursday, May 28, 2009

baseball, fair and hiking







Checking out lizards.










We kept busy Saturday with a baseball game, the FFA fair and hiking. We went on an almost three hour hike in Anadel. The boys walked the whole way and Rylee road in a friends jogging stroller. They got tired towards the end but for the most part they did great. They loved looking for lizards, playing in the lake, and exploring. Ammon asked a lot of questions about mountain lions and bears. He couldn't understand why we didn't know exactly where they were in the forest. I think it made him a little nervous. The only wild animals we saw were turkeys. Kids have such a small understanding of how big the world is. Cohen thought we were in Africa and Ammon thought we could see the whole world from the top of a hill. Their favorite thing by far was the rope swing at the beginning of the trail. By the time we got back home we were all tired and hungry but I'm so glad we did it. The boys love getting out to roam free. Poor Rylee is always stuck in a stroller but when we let her out we end up chasing her everywhere. She seems to handle it well.

The boys are both done with school tomorrow... I don't know what we'll do all summer, but it will be nice to have the freedom of not needing to be anywhere.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ammo looks like a natural! You guys are doing such fun stuff. The hike sounds great and looks so pretty. I laughed out loud with Cohen's comment about Africa. So cute.

Miss more than ever!!!!!!

Alex and Mitch said...

Ammon looks soooooo cute in his baseball uniform. I like the trying to be serious face while he is in his hitting stance. Cohen looks soooo tiny next to Jody in that pic by the water! I can't wait to see your kids! (and you and Jody!) this summer!I miss you all!!!

Kasey said...

Love the pictures of Ammon playing baseball! Your hike sounds fun. I'm impressed the boys lasted so long. And their comments are hilarious!

Celeste said...

Love the pictures. Sounds like you had a great weekend... in Africa :)

Pam said...

Love that Red Devil player and the aspiring ones too! We'll have to do that hike sometime. Glad you had a fun weekend.

Jennifer said...

Love the Africa comment. I feel like I'm in Africa sometimes too.

And your pictures are looking so good!

Jenni said...

I love that picture of your husband and son both looking to the right. You inspire me to get a better camera!

kh said...

LOVE the pics! You look SO cute!

Jami said...

Kelly, you are the best blogger! I'm just getting caught up. Love your hiking pictures and all your pictures. You are an awesome photog. I think I need that camera and a lesson from you!