I couldn't get Bailee to smile.Last Saturday night my best friend Tasha, called me from McKinleyville. I heard my phone ring downstairs but I was too tired to go get it. When I woke up Sunday morning I checked my voicemail and she said her family and the Lindgren's, two of our favorite families, were wanting to come down for the weekend. So I called her back and she got everyone packed up and they were all here by four o'clock. We LOVE having visitors. The kids ran around and played. We talked and then cooked dinner, ate and then went to the park. When we got back we made dessert and then Jody set up a movie with the projector for the kids. All of the adults just sat around and talked. We always have great conversationa and lots of laughs with each other.
The next morning we went to the Golden Gate bridge. I had never walked across it before. Even though it was freezing we had a great time. My boys especially loved it. Then we headed to Corte Madre for lunch and of course I had to stop at my favorite bakery, The Teacake Bakeshop. I'm already trying to figure out how to get more. Sometimes Jody goes to SF for business meetings. Next time he will be getting me some more cupcakes and sugar cookies.
After lunch the gang came back to our house and took our kids to the park. I was busy cooking a dish and getting ready for a bbq we were going to at some friends home. We are so lucky to have good friends and it made our weekend so much fun to have them come visit! Plus they were the easiest guests! They helped cook, clean, and brought their own bedding. I hope they know they are welcome ANY time! Even at the last minute.

10 comments:
Looks like a good time, we miss you guys living here.
I have 5 weeks left, ahh. As for names, I should have kept my mouth shut becuase people talk me out of names too easy. I was set on trey, but My fam really doesnt like it so now i am going back and forth
I like Tate, my brother actually was going to name their baby Tate, but they had a girl.
Cute pics-glad you had a fun time!!
how fun! You know, I have never walked across the bridge either. I gotta do that some day... Really cute pictures of you guys!
cute pics! how fun to have friends visit.
Sounds like you had a great time with your friends, I love all of the golden gate pictures. The bakery sounds so good!
i heart sf.
Rylee is getting so big! She looks really grown up. I don't think I have seen you kids since Alex's reception, they all are getting so much bigger. Hopefully we will see you guys sometime this summer, maybe even at the lake.
I had so much fun! Thanks for letting us come last minute. Will you send me some pictures?
FUN! FUN! FUN! I am BEGGING Mike to take us to CA on vacation! I am dying to have these pictures too! They look so great! What a fun time you had with friends!
How fun! Very cute pics. I love the background of the bridge on the first two pics. It looks so cool!
Post a Comment