We went out to dinner with our friends that have four girls last week. When Ammon found out we were going to eat with them he insisted on getting all dressed up in his church attire. We talked him out of a tie but we did fix his hair and he put on a nice collared shirt. He even made me check his nose for boogers. He already loves girls and he isn't even six yet! I'm scared.
Rylee has been learning new words everyday, but she still doesn't talk like the boys did at this age. She will be two on Sunday.
Cohen asks me everyday, "Mom what do we have to do today?" He always wants to know the agenda. Whereas Ammon could care less. As long as he gets to go outside and ride his bike or go to the park he's happy. Poor Cohen had a little stomach bug this weekend. He was in the bathroom quite a bit yesterday and he even told our home teachers that his bum was burning.
We are going on the Trek on Thursday. It's all I can think about! I've been reading and re-reading all of the stories and information we were given in hopes that I will be both mentally and spiritually prepared. I was told that there will be a 24 hour period where the kids won't get very much food. Fortunately I will be taken care of because I obviously can't go without.
After talking to my mom and searching around on the internet last night I was excited to learn that some of my ancestors were actual members of the handcart companies. My Great (times 6) grandfather, Frances Martin Pomeroy came across the plains with Brigham Young in the Pioneer Company. They were the first group of saints who forged the way for the rest to come and find peace in the Salt Lake Valley. He married a woman named Jessamine Routledge, born in London England, who journeyed to Utah in the Martin Handcart Company. The Martin and Willie Company's are the groups who left late in the season and suffered terrible hardships do to early snow and lack of food. They lost many members of their group before help arrived. Jessamine obviously made it through and married Frances after arriving in Utah. Learning that my ancestors were apart of the trek west has made it that more real and meaningful to me.
8 comments:
Love that little graduate!! Such cute pictures. Dad and I have laughed and laughed over Casanova. Poor Cohie, hope his bum feels better. Hope the boys can interpret Rylee's talk for me. Can't wait to hang out with them while you are on the trek!
Oh Ammon! That is hilarious. I love how he got all fixed up for the big "date".
Okay, please tell me you knew about Frances Martin Pomeroy. Don't you remember seeing his name on the statue in SLC? But it's cool you have been learning so much about our ancestors! Go you!
Good luck on the trek.
I feel you on the Ammon stud situation. My 5 year old (Ryli) has been boy OBSESSED since she was 2 but it is only getting worse. She writes love notes, colors pictures, asks me if her crush will like her outfit or her hair like this. It is terrifying.
How cute that he wore a graduation hat! You are going to have so much fun on trek. Hopefully it won't be too hot for you and that you'll have lots of great experiences.
Those pics of ammo are so cute! Mitch and I were cracking up about how we wanted to get all dressed up for dinner and how Cohen told the home teachers about his bum! haha. Where does Ammon even learn these things like checking for boogers?! hilarious.
Good luck on the trek sis! cant wait to hear all about it!
Those pics of ammo are so cute! Mitch and I were cracking up about how we wanted to get all dressed up for dinner and how Cohen told the home teachers about his bum! haha. Where does Ammon even learn these things like checking for boogers?! hilarious.
Good luck on the trek sis! cant wait to hear all about it!
I am the same way when it comes to "change" Kelly. Before we left for Marcor's kindergarten graduation, he said, I know you will cry Mom, and I want you to know I've been thinking about it and it's okay.
That is hysterical about Ammon and "checking his nose for boogers." Ha ha ha ha. I laughed out loud, he's such a cute kid.
I am so excited for you to go on the Trek. I know it will be SUCH an amazing experience for you since you are pregnant. I can't imagine being a pioneer woman doing what they did AND be pregnant too. I can't wait for your report! Good luck!
Summer is definitely the best when there are no rules. Enjoy your time with your kids! Love ya!
OMG you know Maks!?!?! Kelley is one of my dear friends. She's on my blogroll too. How funny.
Small word.
Boy do I know about the emotional stuff. I lose it over everything and pregnancy DOES NOT help.
Post a Comment