Monday, May 18, 2009

Busy!

I've been so busy lately I haven't even been able to think about blogging. My mom came last week from Tuesday until Friday and like always it went by in a flash! We never get to do all we want. The kids showered her with attention and affection the moment she arrived until she left. They are all in love with their Grandma. But I think the feelings are mutual. She can never say no to them. She was buying them treats, taking them to McDonald's, to the park, and bought them a movie. We found that her and Cohen are very similar. They both focus a lot of their thoughts on FOOD! Grandma is a celebrity when she comes and we hate to see her leave.

I hosted a shower for my friend on Thursday night and I couldn't have done it without my mom. I was bummed that it fell on the last day she was here because she spent the morning cleaning my house, the afternoon running errands with me and the evening taking care of the kids, helping me cook and cleanup after the party. She was amazing and was more than happy to lighten my load. Such a wonderful lady!

We had a warm weekend. The temperature reached ninety-seven degrees on Sunday. Luckily the evenings cooled down quickly so that we were able to sleep cooler. We've been looking for a new rental house but haven't been able to find anyone that doesn't want a year lease. We aren't wanting to get stuck in a contract. So I think we will just get through the summer. Yuck.

Saturday I helped at a YW carwash, took the kids to a birthday party, and then we went swimming with friends and BBQ'd. After church on Sunday we all took long naps, ate dinner and went to the park.

Didn't take any pics this weekend or when my mom was here. Lame. The baby is moving like crazy and I feel like all I think about is food. I'm nervous to get my weight at the doctor's tomorrow. I've been stalking random blogs looking for cute boy names. I've got one I like and Jody has one he likes. We both aren't bending. So if you've heard any good ones let me know! Boy names are hard.

11 comments:

Natty said...

i definitly agree with the hardness of boy names, I have a couple girls I love, but am stumped with the boy name and Im due in 6 weeks
what are your boy names???

Christi said...

Girl you have been busy!!!!! Boy na,es were rough for us to but you have thought up awfully cute names for you others so I bet you will this little guy too.

Sarie said...

I'm glad to know you're feeling ok and doing well. I can't believe you are keeping such a busy schedule and pregnant! I don't know about names.. boys are really hard.
Liam would go well with your other boys names.

Janelle said...

I remember when I was pregnant with Lucas looking at random people's blogs just to see their kid's names too :) I like the names Brody, Carson, Casen, Colby... Good Luck!

kh said...

Yes boy names are hard. Humm... Jacob, Jack, Luke, Mason, Scott, Grant, Sterling, Caleb, Hayes, Marcus, Rhett, Nathan, Keaton, Keegan, Jace, Sean, Evan, Brock... I just listed a lot of the names we were thinking of when we were having Marcor. Hope that helps!

You are so lucky to have a mom like that! Not many can say that. Sounds like you had a ton of fun. What a special lady.

Hope you are feeling okay with all this heat!

Alex and Mitch said...

I like Jace a lot. I think it would fit well with the other boys. In fact I love it. I wanted to use that name someday but the past 2 byu kickers have used it (including Mitch's brother Matt as a middle name) so Mitch crossed it off our list. oh and you CANT use Kasen. That is our one boy name that we love. :) Thanks!

Mom sure is the best mom out there...isnt she! Wish I could have hungout with you guys too!!!

Celeste said...

Fun weekend. I didn't know you guys were looking for a new place... I guess with no AC and a baby in the oven I'd be doing the same thing. Boys names are hard especially when it's boy name number three!! If I hear any good ones I'll pass them on.

Pam said...

Looking forward to my next trip and American Idol tour July 11th in Oakland!!!

Lindsey said...

what? american idol trip? how fun.

you have two cute boys names. you'll get your way with jody. just be patient and scream a lot in labour. :)

Kasey said...

What? American Idol tour? You suck!

Boy names...hmmm. I think they are hard too, but I love both the names you and Jody like. You can't go wrong girl.

Jenni said...

I love Ryder but since we both have Ryli/Rylee's.... kind of ruins that one. I love Gavin, Broch, ... I have my next boy name picked out but I don't want to leak it because then it will end up #1 on the list. I hate it when that happens.