We stayed at Hotel Pearson with our friends Drew and Celeste. They are so accommodating and wonderful hosts.We ate, ate, ate and shopped. Then ate, ate, and shopped a little more.
Ammon LOVED playing at Uncle Dane's house. He would have stayed there forever and played with his "twenty cousins". He also loved going to Cabela's with Grandpa. My poor parents when we go on vacation with them Ammon just assumes he stays with them. We did take him back with us two times. At least he's the easiest of the three!
Jody took Ammon sledding at Rock Canyon Park in Provo with Uncle Wayne and Tanner. Cohen just watched because he didn't like getting cold. We saw lots of family. It was good to see so many people that we don't get to see often. Oliver is the most PERFECT baby. Not only is he very handsome but so mild-mannered. I must have kissed him at least a hundred times! It was great spending some girl time with Linds. Though I hope next time will be a bit more relaxing. We were always on the go. We did have some fun at our photo shoot on Temple Square!
As you can see Alex looked gorgeous and seemed really calm on her wedding day. Everything went perfect.
The ride home wasn't too exciting. Ammon got pretty bored. Cohen and Ammon fought from Lake Tahoe to Windsor. We gave both Rylee and Cohen Benadryl which knocked them both out from Elko to Reno. We stopped in Truckee to let the boys play in the snow for a few minutes. I got VERY frustrated with Cohen from Sacramento to home. Every time I would say something he would stick his tongue out and blow spit. When we were about five minutes from home he wised up and apologized, "I still love you mommy." That's how he apologizes. I was planning on putting soap on his tongue but decided that two hours after the incident was a little too late. Next time....
Poor Roo. 11 hours in the car is no fun.
Ammon's boredness got the better of him. If you can't tell his shirt is tied around his head. Still not sure what he was going for there.
And my favorite quotes from the trip:
When we got back home, "It's good to be home, mommy." -Ammon
After Cohen tutted in the hotel and Jody said, "Cohen did you just tute?" And Cohen said, "That's just what bum's do Daddy." Can't argue with that!
"Tell me if you see any cowboys!" -Ammon At least half a dozen times as we drove through Nevada.
We are home and back to normal life. It's kind of nice. I'm back to my regular work out schedule. I have two Pampered Chef parties this month. I got a nice fat cold sore on my lip that is KILLING me and causing me some aches, pains and chills throughout my body (is that normal)? So far I've been Wendy, Master and a Power Ranger this week. Cohen has been Peter Pan, Karate Kid and a Power Ranger. He makes me fly to Never Neverland a few times a day. I can fly when he puts "sprinkles" on me. We also got a letter from our landlord. They are raising our rent $200 starting next month! Ouch. In case you're wondering we already pay $1600 a month and that really stretches us. And we knew we were getting a deal. It only took them 18 months to figure it out. So if nothing else it's given us a good kick in the butt to get going on purchasing a home in the next year, downsizing to save money or moving. At this point I'm up for anything! Cheer's to a Happy New Year!!!
P.S. I'm too lazy to photoshop. The nerve. Some people.
13 comments:
Your family is so cute. Kell, you look so pretty in every photo. And how is Alex old enough to be married?
I think I would die being stuck in the car with the kids that long! It must have been torture. You were cracking me up with the Benadryl and the soap comments. So funny.
Great pics! Lindsey looks a lot like your Mom in the first pic. Sounds like a perfect wedding! Did they get to go on a honeymoon or was right back to school?
Are you guys going to reception in Eureka? ( I am sure you are). Toni and Howard are going and so is Whit. They will have fun seeing you guys.
That seems excessive to raise your rent $200 in one swoop. We will be paying the same as you guys when we move which is only $50 from what we pay now, but still stinks that much goes to rent. But for us it is still about $1000 cheaper than our mortgage was! :)
If you are thinking about moving, Folsom is nice! :)
I don't know how you did it in the car for that long with 3 kids. I know I would have gone crazy. I love the picture of Ammon in the car, he looks like he is really tring to entertain himself:)
I'm going to have to agree with Janelle. I have no idea how you managed to drive with three kids in a car for that long. I can barely handle going to the lake. Love your sisters dress. What a beautiful bride. By the way I love my pampered chef stuff!
the wedding looked like it was a hit, everyone looked beautiful. I'm glad you guys got to go sledding, that was always so much fun
Now you guys can move back here, build a house and have a lower payment. we need some more little boys in this town.
But I know, if I were you I would stay in civilization too
It was so fun having you stay with us. Your kids are so cute and I loved getting to know them a little better. Drew and I still crack up about how Ammon and Cohen went through every movie we own to say if they had seen it or not.
I love all the Photos with your family... you are so beautiful.
I'm so glad you made it safely home.
so fun to catch up. sounds like you guys had a fun trip and the pics are great! happy 2009!!
The trip home sounds hilarious as an outsider. I love the kids commentss. We love that Ammon "assumes" he becomes ours when we are around. It's nice to be so loved! Your pictures look great!
Look at Linds' cheekbones! I love that black dress Alex is wearing. Kelly your kids are too cute. I love reading your blog and reading all the funny things they say.
I'm staying at Hotel Pearson in the spring! So exciting!! The pictures are awesome!!! Alex is such a beautiful bride!
I love the kids' comments. Glad you guys made it home and everyone is still alive! That is one LONG trip with three kids.
I love Alex's black dress too. Do you know where she got it? I keep forgetting to ask her about it.
Cute pics!
Holy cow, Kase you and Alex look so much alike in the black dress pix. Kelly- time for some recipes! I am sad you are not coming out to Iowa this spring!!
Your car ride home is hilarious! I'm laughing cause I know exactly what it's like!!! Sounds like you've had a lot of great times these past couple of months! See ya next week!
Post a Comment