Sunday, January 18, 2009

Easy Actions

If you're like me you might be a little overwhelmed by photoshop. I have photoshop CS. Thanks to my sister Kasey who gave it to my sister Lindsey who passed it on to me! I found some free actions you can download from The Pioneer Woman's blog but didn't know how to load them into photoshop. Alas I came across a lady who posts on the PW's blog and she has a website with free actions on it! First she teaches you how to load them and then gives you some free ones. So fun and much less time consuming when you want to edit photo's. Plus I've learned so much so quickly. Once you press on an action you have to keep clicking OK as it goes through each command and so I actually see what is happening to the picture and can write the steps down!

burnt

vintage

brighter


vibrant

B & W

crisp

soft and heavenly


The one I started with.

Most of you are probably already aware of these actions! I just had to share my excitement with you.

15 comments:

Kalie said...

Great pictures Kelly - I still haven't attempted to figure out photoshop.. Are you loving your new camera? The kids are so excited to see cousins this coming weekend (I hope your going) :)

kh said...

Love it! I will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip(s).

Lindsey said...

awesome, kel! i can't decide which version of the pic i love the most. i will have to go back to that page when i use photoshop again. love the photo, cohen is adorable!

Heidi said...

I for one was intrigued. Someday I hope to have Photoshop as well!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I like the one you started with and burnt. They all were neat to look at. What a handsome little boy and I love him. GMom Cindy

Sarie said...

The black and white has great contrast! As opposed to too much gray. It looks great. Thanks Kelly!

Tiffany said...

I am so jealous that you have CS! I have elements 7.0 and I can do some actions but not all... you are so lucky! Great pics!

Kasey said...

Very cute! I actually have lots o actions in my PS too, but I'm always too lazy to experiment so I just usually do the same boring one. Thanks for inspiring me! I love them all, but the vintage one is awesome!

Celeste said...

Nice job Kel! First of all the photo you started with is gorgeous! Gotta love your new camera!

Alex and Mitch said...

good job Kel!! they look so much better than the original! I love the crisp and heavy one.

Missy said...

That is such a great photo even by itself Kelly. I'm a little intimidated by Photoshop, but maybe someday I'll try it out??

Julie said...

Thats a great pict. Don't you just love Photoshop?? I've been using it forever and I just LOVE actions! I've been wanting to post about it on my blog, too - everyone should know! :) And don't you just love the Pioneer Woman?

Lani said...

wow... that is amazing! Ok I need to get something because my pics are not even close!!

[S Rizzle] said...

Thanks for the info Kelly. Good job showing us an example too!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

All of them are great, but the brighter is by FAR my favorite style. :-)