Friday, February 22, 2008

random

Jody's parents left on Tuesday. I can honestly say that we were all sad to see them go. I am lucky because I really love my in-laws! They are always up for anything when they come, easygoing, giving, loving and spoil their grandchildren to death! They are wonderful.

I recently got a new laptop and am thoroughly enjoying it. I only let myself on it an hour or so a day. I don't want to sit on the internet all day long, which would be SO easy to do (in the past I did a few times). My favorite place to search is Etsy. I love this website/store! I am placing an order for some of these clips. Rylee is finally able to wear little clippies!




I am also becoming quite the little sewer. I've been making receiving blankets, for all of you who are having babies in the next year, as well as burp clothes and some super cute pillows for Rylee's room. I am having so much fun. My only problem is that I start a project and get so excited about the next that I don't finish it! I promised myself that I will not buy anymore fabric until I use everything I have.

Yesterday my sister Lindsey found out that she is having a boy! I am so excited for her, Alan and Izzy. I can totally picture Iz with a little brother. I don't know if a little sister could have taken what I'm sure Iz will be dishing out! What a perfect little family.

Rylee began crawling this week. It's a whole new world for both of us. I have mixed feelings about it. She is enjoying being more mobile but I have to worry about so much more. Oh well it was inevitable!

I am going to a tupperware party tonight and having a visiting teaching brunch at my house tomorrow. It's almost March, which means it's almost my birthday!

8 comments:

kh said...

Those clips are so cute! I used to be an Etsy junkie but haven't been there in a long time! Maybe it's time I paid it a visit...

Yeah for Lindsey! I am happy for her too, I will be even more happy for her IF I am having a boy too, so keep your fingers crossed! Boys and girls are DEFINATELY different and while I LOVE little girls I have two of them, we need another boy to keeps things in balance.

Rylee is crawling! She is almost one too, right? In June? I can't believe HOW FAST this past year has gone by! I remember reading your blog when you announced you were pregnant with her and then when you found out it was a girl and now she's almost one! She is so beautiful too! She will look cute in those little clippies.

I am so jealous you are sewing! I want to sew to badly, but one: I don't have a sewing machine and two: I don't know how! DARN! So I will have to live vicariously through you and all your fun projects! Make sure you post pics of them!

Debbi said...

Way cute clips! I bet you could make them really easy too! I can't believe that Rylee is crawling, it seems like she should still be such a baby to me, this time has flown by! I hope you get a little video of her soon:)

I want to see pictures of your fun projects. I wish I could sew more often. I always enjoy it but getting everything out and then putting it away is such a bother I hardly ever do it. Way to go!

Kasey said...

You know those clips would take you five seconds to make, right??? They are very cute. I am SO impressed with all your craftiness lately, I must say!
You need to put on video of Rylee crawling. Heck, please come visit me so I can see her do it in person! I miss you.

Anonymous said...

We had such a wonderful time visiting you all. The kids are so sweet, funny, cute and smart. Cohen talks and thinks on a much higher age level than he is. Who is the real Ammon? He is so funny playing all those different characters! Rylee is just a baby doll. She will be walking in no time.
I've got the sewing bug from you. I can't wait to buy some fabric and make a few blankets.
Hope you guys are all well. Miss you all so much. Love you tons, G.Mom Cindy

Celeste said...

What cute clips and how fun that she's crawling...I can't believe she's at that age already. Lucky you to have a laptop... I've been trying to convince Drew to get me my own computer... since he works form home and is on ours all the time...we'll see.

Lindsey said...

yea! so does that mean my baby boy will have some receiving blankets and burp clothes from you??? I'm so excited!

Glad you got a laptop. And that you had such a great time with family! FUN!

Lani said...

Sounds like fun. and I am a total Etsy lover as well! I would love to learn how to be crafty. No idea how to sew or knit or anything of the sort and I think it would be SO fun! Maybe you will have to give me lessons. Glad you had fun with your in-laws... and hope I get to see you soon!

Kristan Carter said...

Kelly,
I love that web site as well. I really want to make some splat clothes and also an apron. I know what you mean about projects. I feel like Primary is my never ending project. Those clips are really cute. I love clips. On that same web site my friend has made clip boards and they are dang cute. I will post the one she made for me...Stay tuned