My mom called tonight to invite Jody and I on a trip with her and my dad to Cabo San Lucas. Their friends backed out and they need someone to take their place. The conversation started out with my mom saying, "I wish you and Jody could go" and ended with me deciding that we possibly could go! We can't take any of the kids. Not even Rylee because they are staying in a hotel that doesn't allow children under the age of 16. Aunt Alex to the rescue! I am still a bit worried that she might not be able to handle three kids. Another obstacle is that I will need to wean Rylee. She will almost be 11 months old so I'm not too worried about it. Just sad to even think of leaving her! I'm really excited but a little nervous.
Last week I drove the kids to my aunt's house to say goodbye to my grandparents and visit Jami and Keal. I forgot my camera! I spent Saturday with Melissa. We walked around some cute shops in Danville. I could have spent a fortune. Next time we decided that we will get a babysitter for the boys and so that I can enjoy myself more. Of course I forgot the camera again!
Rylee is almost 8 months old. Her hair is growing and getting crazier every day. She got her first two teeth last week and handled teething very well. She is finally sitting up and can almost crawl. It's amazing how good she gets around the room without crawling.
Cohen recently started calling me mama. Ammon has been calling me mama for the last year but one day Cohen decided to start calling me mama as well and that's all I hear now. It's hilarious. Jody says he's a true southern boy. Ammon and Cohen are so different. Ammon thinks everyone is his friend. We were driving home the other day and I noticed a yard sale in our neighborhood. They were selling lots of baby stuff and I stopped to purchase a few things for a friend that she had been wanting. I asked the guy his name to write him a check and Ammon said,"Mike, that's a nice name." As we drove home he said, "Can we go back and play at Mike's house again?" Um, okay he's not our friend. Cohen is so different. He could care less about people. We sat by the bishop's wife in church yesterday and she kept trying to help with the boys. Cohen was so rude. At one point she rubbed his back and he looked at her with a scowl on his face and said,"Don't scratch my back." He wanted nothing to do with her. At least he loves his mama.
13 comments:
I am so jealous of your trip! You will have so much fun and Alex will do great. She should get Shelby to come help. She is great with kids.
Cohen sounds kinda like Hailee. She can be totally sweet and then mean as ever.
My Cohen just started crawling and is into everything!! I forgot what this stage is like!
YEAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!! That is going to be SO great! Bring the chocolate! ;)
Cabo?! That is awesome. How long will you be there for? I'm so excited for you guys! So fun! Ammon cracks me up - I love that he thinks everyone is his friend. Izzy does the same thing as Cohen, though not with words. Sometimes she is into strangers, but other times she gives them the cold shoulder and I kind of feel bad! She still talks about Cohen, Ammon and Baby Ry-wee. So cute!
what fun! That will be great -and I bet she will be easy to ween at 11 months, that's perfect timing. I love mama, it's really cute and southern! haha!
Ruby is exactly like Cohen. Hilarious. I want Gracie to NOT trust people so much and I want Ruby to loosen up and be nice.
And can I come to Cabo too?
I love how different the two boys' personalities are. They are both so cute!
I am so jealous about your trip too! Lucky you! Alex will do great with the kids. Great idea of Aubree's to have Shelby come and help her! It'd be fun for her to have a friend. Just get working on weaning Rylee ASAP and she'll be great!
Cabo!! Don't even think twice. Your kids will be great and so will you. I love going on vacation and it rejuvenates me for the weeks to come
how fun a week in the sun will feel great!! Hope to see you soon!!
I can handle them, and if they are acting up i'll just lock them in the closet.
Cohen and Ammon are hilarious. I love that they are both calling you mama...its so cute.
I can just hear Cohen telling that lady to not scratch is back. Hilarious. And Ammon wanting to play at Mike's. haha.
You described Cohen and Ammon to a tee! Cohen doesn't even give dad and I a lot of attention and I've definitely been on the receiving end of that scowl!! Ammon,on the other hand, loves and wants to play with everyone. So cute how they are so different. Sweet Rylee, miss them all so much. So glad you can bail us out with our deserting friends vacation-it will be a blast!
Lucky you!! Cabo baby! I'm jealous.
I love that they call you mama...I picture it with a southern accent and smile.
You will have such a great time on your trip. You are a busy mama and need a vacation! Boys love their moms don't they. Jett would never go to anyone but me and frequently offended close friends and relatives up until recently when he decided to be a little more friendly to a select few.
How fun! When is the trip?
Post a Comment