Sunday, April 01, 2007

Welcome Home!

Tasha and Makynna got home Tuesday night, just in time for her to celebrate her 27th birthday! I didn't realize how much I missed her until she came home. Tash and I have been best friends since we were babies. My dad used to call me Kelly Jones because I would go on every family vacation with her and would often stay the weekend at her house. When we graduated from high school we roomed together until she married Craig. I was a little sad when she left me alone in Provo but was so happy to live near her again when Jody and I moved back. I will truly miss having such a good friend around when we move next month. She is just one of those people that you always feel comfortable to say or do anything around. I can drop by her house anytime and know that I am welcome. Not only has she been a best friend but like a sister to me. I know that no matter how far away we live we will always stay close.

In other news. I had a garage sale this weekend to get rid of some of our things. I started it Friday morning because the weather forecast showed rain for Saturday. For future reference, never have a garage sale on a Friday! I made a whopping $4! When I told Kasey she almost ran off the road because she was laughing so hard. Luckily Saturday went a lot better. We sold most of our stuff and made about $110. Much better than Friday. Having a garage sale is kind of awkward and humbling. It's weird to watch people go through your things and almost embarrassing when they leave with nothing. I think some people bought something for 50 cents just because they felt sorry for me!

A moving company is coming this weekend to pack and move all of our stuff. They will put it all in storage until we arrive there at the end of April. Jody will be gone for three weeks for more training so we will be staying at my parents house. I will be so happy to be out of our apartment and be done cleaning!

I promise to post pics pronto and hopefully be a better blogger this week.

9 comments:

pam said...

I love Tasha and the Jones family too. They've been great friends to our family. It's crazy that we will live next door to them when our house is done!

Community Vision said...

Kelly, how great that a moving company is going to move you. I am so excited for you to be starting this next phase of your life and to be expecting a little girl. What a joy. I hope you have a great week

Alex and Mitch said...

When I read that you made $4 I died laughing! Marz is doing homework with this boy from her class and he probably thinks I am crazy cus I all of the sudden I am laughing so hard that I had to spit my water out. It was hilarious. I just told Cari and she was dying too. Said it was the funniest thing she has heard in so long.

I can't believe your leaving! Sad I'll bever be in your apartment again. :(

The White Way said...

Thanks so much for everything you have done for me. Coming and seeing me a couple times while I was gone to helping with my house to bringing me a birthday cake. You are truly my best friend and I am glad that we have remained so close. I am also glad that you are living only 4 hours away then like Georgia how ever far that is. Thanks for everything and I hope that when you move we will still stay close (which I know we will). Its funny how two people have so much in common and not technically related. My dad told me that this trial in my life would definitely show me who my friends are and it totally has. I love you like a sister!!! Thanks again for everything that you do for me and my family.

Sarie said...

AWWWW, Tasha and Kelly, I always remember you being like sisters, too. I can't wait for you to move, how exciting! I love the bay area. I miss Ca so much, you guys are lucky to start out to close to family. We need to see a pregnant picture this month.

Kasey said...

You and Tasha are so cute! I love that you guys have been so close for SO long. Not many people have what you guys have...
I still die laughing whenever I think of you Friday garage sale experience. Seriously, it's hilarious!

Lindsey said...

um yeah, the whole garage sale thing cracks me up too. $4! Hilarious! I also love how people were feeling sorry for you and so purchased something for 50cents. I was reading your blog this morning and was laughing out loud too. I told Alan and we were both cracking up. I can't wait to see you and the boys in just over a week! I'm glad you and Tash have remained so close too. She's like a sis to me too.

Jami said...

Now your mom and dad will really be sad to see you go since you'll be staying with them. I will remember to never have a garage sale on a Fri! That was funny. Is Linds visiting or are you going to AZ?

Jenny said...

Hi, Kelly! I love your blog... will you contact me via email? I have a question for you.

mizzjenny at gmail dot com.