





Last Friday we flew to Arizona to see Lindsey and her family and my mom's side of the family. My mom stayed with her sister Julie and I stayed with Lindsey at Alan's sister's house. She has a beautiful home and Ammon loved playing with her boys, who gave him plenty of attention. The weather was beautiful. The first day we went to a family picnic at a great park where the kids were able to run around, swing and ride bikes. Sunday we went to church which was interesting for me. Cohen was absolutely insane and wouldn't sit still for five minutes. I ended up spending the last part of church in the nursery with him because he fell apart when I tried to leave. That night we went to Julie's home for a delicious turkey dinner and my cousin heather made a yummy cake similar to Texas sheet cake but white with almond flavoring. I will get the recipe and post it later.
Monday we spent the morning and good part of the afternoon shopping at the Chandler Mall. It has every store you could ever want and more. Tuesday we went to Camel Back Resort in Scottsdale. Ammon swam all over with the new love of his life, Emily. Emily is my 9 year old cousin (Julie's daughter) and Ammon was smitten with her the minute he saw her. All he talked about the WHOLE trip was Emily. He ended up staying with my mom two nights because he wanted to be with her as much as possible. At the resort Cohen wasn't too interested in swimming until 10 minutes before we were about to leave. On the other hand Lindsey had her hands full with Izzy who couldn't get enough of it, and went under the water half of dozen times only to go back for more. She is hilarious.
I didn't get to eat out as much as I wanted because I got a stomach flu Tuesday afternoon but felt better by Wednesday just in time to hit Pei Wei and Cold Stone. We had a great time visiting Lindsey and the rest of the family. I love visiting Arizona but don't know if I could ever live there because it gets too hot in the summer.
Ten minutes before we were about to leave for shopping Cohen was pushing Bella's pram, got inside and fell out. He landed face first on the pavement. His teeth hit his top lip which caused quite a bit of bleeding but it made for a very enjoyable shopping trip. He was an angel in his stroller for three hours because he was exhausted from falling and crying so much.
Ammon with Laura's boys, Jonah and Sam.
Cute little cousins from left: Lacey, Emily, Makenna, and Ellie.




Stay tuned for pictures and commentary on my whirlwind trip to Delaware, Philly, and New York City.
10 comments:
Kelly, It looks like you all had fun, I hope you enjoyed your time with Jody.
I love the Chandler Mall, too! I especially love the Cheesecake Factory and the Roxy store. Jake used to work one exit north of that mall, so we would meet there a lot.
And we used to go to the Cheesecake Factory in Scottsdale, too. Ruby fell when she was running just a couple of days ago and her top lip looks identical to Cohen's!
Love the photos and glad you guys had fun (and Ammon picked up a new girlfriend/cousin).
Hey Kelly I enjoyed those pictures alot. Sounds like you had fun especilly at the Chandler Mall. Did you buy anything like SHOES!!!!
Love,Megan Sue
It looks like your trip was way fun, and who can argue with shopping when their kid sits well in the stroller for 3 hours! Your boys are so big - I bet they are going to be the best brothers ever to their little sis!
Love all the pics. looks like you had sooo much fun! so jealous! love you!
Great pictures. When I see a picture of Cohen, I definitely see Jody. Same with Ammon..he looks so much like you. Good thing you two are nice lookin' then, huh?
Those are great pictures! Sounds like a good trip - Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.
AAHHH, I can't believe I get to talk to you. We have so much to catch up on. Email me jillmartin1@hotmail.com
JIll
You had such a great week! Arizona and New York in one week. I'm JEALOUS! Cohen looks like a little Jody. Poor guy with his skinned up face. He's still a little cutie though!
I'm glad you took so many good pictures. It was a fun trip. I love Arizona!!
Post a Comment