










I'm pretty sure that's what I thought my trip to Delaware would be like and I may have even uttered those words. Not so much. But it was a great trip none the less.
I flew into the Philadelphia Airport Thursday night. Jody met me at the front of the hotel, we dropped my stuff off in his room and then had a delicious dinner, compliments of his company(one nice perk, we didn't have to pay for food because he gets an allowance each day). Then we rushed back up to the room, no not for you know what, but to catch the new episode of Grey's Anatomy. Then I ordered strawberry ice cream from room service and we went to bed.
He had some training the next day until 3:oo so I took a shuttle to the mall to do some shopping and get a pedicure. Getting back to the hotel was a little scary. I had to take a bus back and sat at a bus stop with some pretty scary looking people. I was suppose to catch a bus at 2:14 but it never came so I had to wait for the next one at 2:45 , that was the longest thirty minutes of my life. Luckily they were harmless, I just felt really out of my element.
That night he had to switch hotels for the last phase of his training so we were shuttled to a hotel in Plymouth Philadelphia. When we got there we ate dinner, went to the mall (because we didn't have transportation to go anywhere else and it was right across the street) and then went to the movie "The Land of Women." I'm not sure what to say about the movie. It was different, strange at times but interesting? I actually want to hear what Lindsey thinks of it because I know she saw it the same night. One thing for sure is that Meg Ryan really messed her face up when she got botox injected into her lips. I just can't take her seriously now.
Saturday we got up at 6:30 to catch a train to New York City. We arrived in Penn Station around 10:00 and spent the whole day seeing everything we could until we had to catch the train back at 9:00. Our agenda:
-Ground Zero
We were both filled with emotion the minute we saw the sight where the twin towers used to stand. What a powerful experience. On the fence Jody noticed a picture of a man and woman and the woman had written how she would always love him and that he was the best daddy in the world. I can only imagine how hard it must be, for these people who lost loved ones, to witness the rebuilding. It truly is a memorial/graveyard of lives who were lost that day.
-Statue of Liberty
We were going to take the ferry out but it was an hour and a half wait. So we took pics of the statue and called it good.
-Brooklyn Bridge
We walked half way up, took pictures and walked back. I didn't enjoy it too much because I had to pee really bad after we began walking.
-Central Park
Wow talk about a busy place. It was a beautiful weekend in New York, first in a long time. So everyone was out. But the park was really cool. I didn't realize how large it was and next time I would like to take a carriage ride through it.
-Trump Tower/ 5th Avenue (shopping)
Cool to see where Apprentice usually takes place (this season in L.A.) and lots of super expensive stores.
-Serendipity
My favorite spot! We enjoyed a light dinner and then indulged in frozzzen hot chocolate and a strawberry cheesecake sunday which were both delicious! We also met a couple sitting next to us who were LDS. So that was kind of fun. I brought home a frozen hot chocolate packet to try.
-Times Square
Another favorite spot. It was so exciting and reminded me of Piccadilly Square in London. Jody would have liked to have spent more time there. We went to Toys 'R Us to find something for Ammon and they had a ferris wheel in it.
-Rockefeller Center
We went by NBC studios to see where the Today Show is broad casted and then to Dean & DeLuca which reminded me of the t.v. show Felicity because she worked there.
-Grand Central Station
Another must see.
Then caught the subway back to Penn Station and got back to our hotel around 11:00. Unfortunately I had to get up at 4:45 a.m. to catch a shuttle to the hotel. I needed one more day to sleep in and really relax but it was a great trip, mostly because I got to spend some time with my wonderful husband.
Notes for next trip to NYC:
-Go for more than one day
-See some shows
-Eat at Serendipity, many times
-Go to the Empire State Building (ran out of time)
-Stay in a hotel in Times Square
-Do more shopping
Finally, thank you mom for watching my kids. I could not have done it with out you! How many times have I said that in my life? I know I will say it many more.
I flew into the Philadelphia Airport Thursday night. Jody met me at the front of the hotel, we dropped my stuff off in his room and then had a delicious dinner, compliments of his company(one nice perk, we didn't have to pay for food because he gets an allowance each day). Then we rushed back up to the room, no not for you know what, but to catch the new episode of Grey's Anatomy. Then I ordered strawberry ice cream from room service and we went to bed.
He had some training the next day until 3:oo so I took a shuttle to the mall to do some shopping and get a pedicure. Getting back to the hotel was a little scary. I had to take a bus back and sat at a bus stop with some pretty scary looking people. I was suppose to catch a bus at 2:14 but it never came so I had to wait for the next one at 2:45 , that was the longest thirty minutes of my life. Luckily they were harmless, I just felt really out of my element.
That night he had to switch hotels for the last phase of his training so we were shuttled to a hotel in Plymouth Philadelphia. When we got there we ate dinner, went to the mall (because we didn't have transportation to go anywhere else and it was right across the street) and then went to the movie "The Land of Women." I'm not sure what to say about the movie. It was different, strange at times but interesting? I actually want to hear what Lindsey thinks of it because I know she saw it the same night. One thing for sure is that Meg Ryan really messed her face up when she got botox injected into her lips. I just can't take her seriously now.
Saturday we got up at 6:30 to catch a train to New York City. We arrived in Penn Station around 10:00 and spent the whole day seeing everything we could until we had to catch the train back at 9:00. Our agenda:
-Ground Zero
We were both filled with emotion the minute we saw the sight where the twin towers used to stand. What a powerful experience. On the fence Jody noticed a picture of a man and woman and the woman had written how she would always love him and that he was the best daddy in the world. I can only imagine how hard it must be, for these people who lost loved ones, to witness the rebuilding. It truly is a memorial/graveyard of lives who were lost that day.
-Statue of Liberty
We were going to take the ferry out but it was an hour and a half wait. So we took pics of the statue and called it good.
-Brooklyn Bridge
We walked half way up, took pictures and walked back. I didn't enjoy it too much because I had to pee really bad after we began walking.
-Central Park
Wow talk about a busy place. It was a beautiful weekend in New York, first in a long time. So everyone was out. But the park was really cool. I didn't realize how large it was and next time I would like to take a carriage ride through it.
-Trump Tower/ 5th Avenue (shopping)
Cool to see where Apprentice usually takes place (this season in L.A.) and lots of super expensive stores.
-Serendipity
My favorite spot! We enjoyed a light dinner and then indulged in frozzzen hot chocolate and a strawberry cheesecake sunday which were both delicious! We also met a couple sitting next to us who were LDS. So that was kind of fun. I brought home a frozen hot chocolate packet to try.
-Times Square
Another favorite spot. It was so exciting and reminded me of Piccadilly Square in London. Jody would have liked to have spent more time there. We went to Toys 'R Us to find something for Ammon and they had a ferris wheel in it.
-Rockefeller Center
We went by NBC studios to see where the Today Show is broad casted and then to Dean & DeLuca which reminded me of the t.v. show Felicity because she worked there.
-Grand Central Station
Another must see.
Then caught the subway back to Penn Station and got back to our hotel around 11:00. Unfortunately I had to get up at 4:45 a.m. to catch a shuttle to the hotel. I needed one more day to sleep in and really relax but it was a great trip, mostly because I got to spend some time with my wonderful husband.
Notes for next trip to NYC:
-Go for more than one day
-See some shows
-Eat at Serendipity, many times
-Go to the Empire State Building (ran out of time)
-Stay in a hotel in Times Square
-Do more shopping
Finally, thank you mom for watching my kids. I could not have done it with out you! How many times have I said that in my life? I know I will say it many more.
9 comments:
That sounds like a lot of fun but very busy! You are a trooper for fitting in so much. Isn't Serendipity so delicious? I bought the dessert menu cookbook when I went and have had fun making some of the treats (especially the cheesecake, yum).
I am planning to see In the Land of Women this weekend with my mom and sisters (for lack of anything better in theaters right now), not sure what to expect now!
Whew! You really caught us all up on what's been going on. I'm so glad you had fun in NY. I think we should definitely plan a time for a group of girls (sisters/friends/whomever) to go to NYC. Wouldn't that be fun? That frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity looks delish!
Love all the pictures. And you do actually look pregnant! Not about to pop by any means, but pregnant. Post more prego pics!
I haven't even heard of In the Land of Women. I don't think I'll be seeing that one. Maybe a rental?
Oh yeah, you only got Ammon a toy? What about little Cohen? Poor guy.
Ok, now that I feel like we are kinda friends {through Jill AND Lindsey} I had to comment and look all over your post. I checked your blog once after Lindsey said you were having a GIRL {congrats! so much fun} and now I feel like I can keep checking.
Anyway, your NYC trip looks amazing. The frozen hot chocolate is SO SO good and I even like making it myself at home. Tasty.
Kelly, you look so cute. You are such a good sport to walk so much all day being pregnant, I would be so exhausted!
That picture of Jody with the statue of lib behind him cracks me up. Maybe it's the look on his face or something.. or maybe his tshirt "save the humans", anyway, I was laughing out loud. Very funny.
It'll probably take a month to rest up from that crazy day in NY.
looks like SO much fun! You must have been exhausted though - so much walking. I'm so glad you guys went to NYC. I agree, we need a girls trip there.
The only good thing about In The Land of Woman was Adam Brody.
Kelly, did I ever meet Jill? Now she sounds so familiar! This is crazy...!
Love pictures! Makes me want to go back to NYC again! The kids were great and it was a great bonding experience for Cohen and I - I loved how he would always call for "grandma"!
wow..sounds like an amazing fun filled yet busy trip! you have a good life!
Post a Comment