As many of you are aware, Jody is currently completing his training for AstraZeneca in Delaware. Last week movers came and boxed all of our stuff up and took it to Santa Rosa to sit in storage for a few weeks. What a wonderful way to move. They took way better care of our stuff than we would have. Just one more reason why I love this company, who paid for the move plus gave us a generous amount of relocation money.
The boys and I are staying with my parents. Lindsey, Alan and Izzy are in Arizona for the next few weeks and on Friday my mom, the boys and are going to fly there to visit her for six days. I can't wait to be in warm weather and get started on a tan. My mom has bravely consented to flying home with my boys on Thursday while I fly to Delaware to see Jody for the weekend. Our anniversary is the 26th and we wanted to spend some alone time together before the baby comes.
So back to the title of my post New York. NYC is only an hour train ride from Delaware so we are planning to take the train in on Saturday for the day. I really want to go to Central Park but does anyone know of other places we MUST see while we are there for just one day? (Lindsey should be a big help since Alan took her there for a day a few years back) Oh and what mode of transportation should we take? I am so looking forward to being alone with my husband and going to the big city!
10 comments:
That sounds like so much fun!! My brother and sister in law live there, if you want to stay over night. They are way nice. Your mom is so brave! What a cool grama. have so much fun!!
Kelly, I am so glad that you and Jody are going to spend sometime alone for a weekend. I am jazzed for you and don't worry about the boys they will be terrific.
Kelly I haven't ever done NYC in just one day, as Linds has, but I do have a few favorite spots, but it all depends on what you and Jody like. I am all about the museums, if you have to pick one do the Met (plus it's pretty much in Central Park), if you like modern art do the MOMA (also by the park). Shopping at H & M is always fun (a few of the H & M stores there have baby and maternity departments), and dinner and dessert (at the very least dessert) at Serendipity is delish- even though it's totally hyped up, I loved it.
I sure do miss my wife. I can't wait to you get here. I love you!
jody
I can't wait "FOR" you to get here. jody
you are going to have so much fun! I'm glad you and Jody will have some time before things get crazy...and before you get too uncomfortable to walk much! I'd settle for sleeping in with my husband at this point-he's been working way too much! Have fun in AZ!!!
Fun! I think you guys should definitely do some sightseeing that everybody does when they go to NYC. That's what we did and it was great b/c it's stuff you want to do but once is just fine. Then you can focus on other things when you go again. Central park is great, shopping a must, Statue of Liberty, walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. Definitely go to Times Square. We went there our first night and I thought it was really cool. Empire State Building. Wow, there is so much to do! Sadly, we didn't get to go to Serendipity (walked in, but wait was WAY too long), and no museums. Wierd, huh? We went to the MOMA our last day but it was closed. Too bad you guys can't stay longer! It's so fun. Maybe some day we can take a girls trip there. Great shopping and broadway shows. Sounds right up my alley!
Hoe fun!!!! I know that Jody will be thrilled to see you!! How great of your mom to help you with the boys! What a fun week you are going to have, seeing Lindsey and fam, and then off to see your hubby, and NYC..geez!
that sounds like soo soo much fun!!! I am jealous i cant go to AZ. have fun!! love you!
Have a great time! I am so jealous about NYC. That is somewhere I really want to go! Jody's company sounds great! What kind of car did he end up getting? My dad can only have certain Ford's. But who cares they are free!!!
Post a Comment