Thursday, April 12, 2007

Have you read it?

This was a very interesting book. If you liked Memoirs of a Geisha you will be fascinated by this book as well. The book tells the life of a Chinese women, telling of Chinese traditions such as foot binding, matchmaking, and a secret way women used to write to each other called Nu Shu. They had some crazy customs. I encourage all to read it!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

My mom just read this also and passed it on to me. I am looking forward to reading it, however I have a few other books I must finish first

Kasey said...

Sounds good. Memoirs of a Geisha is one of my favorite books, so I'm sure I'll love this! Thanks for the recommendation. You sure have been reading a lot of books lately! Make sure you send any good ones my way. I'm always looking for a good book to read.

Pam said...

I passed this on to Kelly and I loved it too!

Jen said...

I have not read Memoirs of a Geisha yet...is it good? I am fascinated by books about other times and cultures.Totally.
i just finished "Sarah" from the Women of Genesis series. It had it's really good parts but I don't like the way Orson Scott Card writes.

Sarie said...

Sounds like an interesting book. You have been doing a lot of reading lately, that's so good. I want to do more, too.
And about the photos, You should just put your boys next to a window and don't use your flash. I put my girls on my kitchen table, used the light coming in from the window and taped a gray fleece blanket on the wall for a background. It worked fine. Try it!

kh said...

Hi Kelly,

I have been reading your blog for a while now and feel I must comment. I am a friend of your cousin Heather. She actually got me (addicted) to blogging through you and your cute site. Since I feel I know you, (and we haven't ever met!) I would like to add you to my link list, if that would be okay.

I loved Memoirs of a Geisha, I will have to check this one out. Thanks!