Friday, August 04, 2006

Moving on!

Happy Day! Jody officially passed both summer classes and if all goes well will graduate in December! This has been a long time coming. When we first got married we came to McKinleyville to finish up school and move after two years. Well four years later, two kids, and too many odd jobs to list we are finally going to move on! When we first moved here the plan was for Jody to get his degree in business. Because he didn't have California residency yet he had to start at College of the Redwoods where he took a couple of business classes. After talking to our brother in law Matt who had decided to quit the whole "working for someone else" type of job and go to dental school, Jody decided to give it a try also. So he switched his major to Biology and began going to Humboldt. After his first attempt at the DAT and applying to 10 or so schools and not getting in, he decided to drop the dental school thing and look for something else. Meanwhile he was approached by a guy in our ward to become a real estate agent and work for him. Jody jumped on the chance to quit working at my dad's mill and make some real money. So within a few months he was a licensed agent. It has been a great job for Jody except that it has slowed down his progression in finishing school. We love the paychecks we get when a home closes but the stress of not knowing how much you will make each month and having deals fall through days before you are going to get paid isn't worth it. So Jody has jumped back into school full time and will now finish. Our plan has changed many times. But for now he hopes to get a job as a pharmaceutical sales rep and move near relatives in Seattle, Georgia, or Denver. But we have to take what we can get and hope that we will be able to move up. I just want to live near someone. I can't imagine leaving my parents alone in Humboldt County but hopefully they won't be far behind!

14 comments:

Sarie said...

This sounds so much like us! The plans change so much as you go along, but life is great. You guys will be blessed! Good luck with everything and thank goodness for blogs! I love keeping up with everyone. Thanks for getting me hooked, Kelly!

Aubree said...

I totally know what you mean about the real estate agent thing! It is great when it is good and stressful when it is not! Luckily Tyler is not straight commisson anymore and the stress is much much less. Also my dad is drug rep and his territory is Eureka so if he ever has any questions let us know. He works for Glaxo Smith Klein. Congrats to Jody for being so close to finishing school!

Kasey said...

What do you mean Georgia or Seattle??? Don't you know Denver is where it's at?! I will die if you don't live near us!

Jen said...

Okay, if it is not Georgia, I can accept Denver. It is much cheaper to fly and convenient to visit. Plus, we use to live in Cheyenne and we could visit there when we came to visit you guys. We would love for you to live in Georgia...it is so affordable..but I know you want to be near your siblings. Any where closer would be great! Yay Jody for getting to the end of the tunnel!

Lindsey said...

Mom and Dad will die without you guys!! It will be interesting to see where you guys end up...who knows, maybe we will join you in a decade or so???

Congrats Jodith!

Anonymous said...

Well, I would, of course, love it if you guys ended up here in Georgia. But after reading all of your family blogs and comments, I just want you to be happy. You are so blessed to have such a close and loving family. It would be nice if you lived a little closer to us. Larry said,"Like McDonough."
Good going Jody!!!!!!!!!

Pam said...

Okay, I now have a huge ache in my heart!!! YOU CAN'T LEAVE US!!!! To see your plans in print is horrible. Especially since Alex is leaving too. What will your dad and I do? Visit often I guess. We have loved having you near us and will die when you leave!
love,
mom

Pam said...

Okay, I now have a huge ache in my heart!!! YOU CAN'T LEAVE US!!!! To see your plans in print is horrible. Especially since Alex is leaving too. What will your dad and I do? Visit often I guess. We have loved having you near us and will die when you leave!
love,
mom

Anonymous said...

If you guys move we will give you visiting rights so you can come see the boys anytime you want. I can't imagine not having grandkids around.

Heidi said...

That is very exciting for you guys, but I do feel a little sad for your parents! hopefully they will just move to where ya'll are once they retire.

Lindsey said...

Dad has never commented on my blog! Lucky!

Kasey said...

Dad cracks me up! Mostly because I know he is half serious. He and mom will die when you guys move. At least it is still months away, right?

Anonymous said...

You know there is a family in Kentucky that would love to have you here...... LOL
Congrats to Jody!!!!
Love you girl.
Christi

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about Arizona? I know a ton of people, you know who live there! Jody would also enjoy the local water park that has surfing! No, really only 3 monthes out of the year are awful. The rest is goregous! All though all you know are the three. Well, Congrats to JODY and you! It would be fun if you lived close though we could get are boys together.
-Heather
P.S.- I love this blog thing you and your sisters do!