Thursday, August 17, 2006

College Bound




Yes me too! Well not really. Alex, my sister, is heading out to Provo Utah tomorrow to attend Utah Valley State College and live in King Henry Apartments. Wow, are we in the twilight zone? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was doing the same thing. So for the last few months Alex has been grilling me about all my experiences in P-town. Any of you who have been there feel free to comment about things she can do or go see. She has asked me things like: where to workout, what is the funnest thing to do, which mall is better, where to get a job, how to pay bills, and the list goes on and on. She is a pretty random girl who has just in the last few months found enough courage to make her own hair appointments. Scary I know. But I think she will do fine on her own. During these last few months of reminiscing about my old college days I have been feeling a little envious of her. So about a month ago when for the tenth time I said, "I am so jealous, you are going to have so much fun" Alex thought of the most wonderful idea when she said,"why don't you come back with us?" That night I went home and somehow managed to talk Jody into it. So we are leaving tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. to drive little Alex back to Utah. The good things about going are that I don't have to say goodbye to Alex yet, I get to eat yummy food, see old friends, and sleep as long as I want to. I will officially be away from my kids for 6 days. I have only been away from Ammon for 3 days and no more than a few hours from Cohen. Right now I am excited but so sad to leave them. I keep kissing them and looking at their little faces and telling them how much I love them. This may seem a little dramatic but I am sure you other moms know how I feel. I just can't believe she is going. Luckily I have some things to look forward to. Lindsey, Kasey and Chris will all be coming home with their families over the next few weeks and I can't wait to be with all of them.

Dad and Jody packing her car up.

7 comments:

Aubree said...

What a great post Kelly! I am totally jealous of Alex. Not that I hate my life or anything, but that college (Ricks not Provo though) was so much fun. Especially the first year. I always feel envious of the kids just starting out this time of year. Oh well I had my turn and now it is theres. Also Have fun on your trip! Sounds great. I am jealous of you too. As I was reading your post Hailee dumped a whole bowl of cereal on the table. Jody is such a great guy and brave too to take on the kids solo.

Jen said...

How exciting for Alex! I can't believe I will be doing the same thing with Hayli in a few years! Yikes! I know exactly what you mean about leaving the kids. Whenever we have planned a trip, I am so excited at first and then a few days before I go I start getting really sad. Even now that they are older and don't miss me quite as much, I still have a hard time leaving them. I actually have a harder time leaving Kenny! I guess my kids are all so busy now and Kenny and I spend so much time together or atleast on the phone, that I do not like leaving him at all! I miss him so bad! Weird, huh? Jody's got the kids...just think how much you are going to be appreciated when you get back!! Have a blast. Good luck to Alex, she is going to have the time of her life!

Sarie said...

Oh my gosh, you are going to feel so free and young again without kids crawling all over you. I have never left my kids except for Grace one night on our anniversary. I think I would die, I would miss them so much, but I would still go on the trip!!!! Sometime in the next few years it would be fun to all meet in San Diego or something, just us girls without kids, it would be so fun.

Kasey said...

Club Omni, here you come!! Seriously, I can't believe you girls are there without kids in Provo. Try not to get TOO crazy! I'm a little jealous of Alex myself. The sad part is that you don't really realize how great and exciting life is at the time. At least I didn't. I had fun, but looking back on my time in Provo, I realize just how great life was!
Jody's awesome to take on the kids for the week. At least he has dad there to give him a little relief! I'm sure you'll miss your kids, but sometimes it's so nice to just worry about feeding, bathing, and entertaining yourself!!

Heidi said...

Man so many wonderful memories in Provo! She will have a blast, and so you will you taking her out there.

Community Vision said...

I hope you have a blast Kelly, enjoy yourself!

Lindsey said...

Have the best time. College days were so fun! I would love a nice chicken cafe rio salad right now.