Thursday, January 20, 2011
A first
I can't believe that we have four kids and our oldest is 7 and we didn't have our first ER visit until just last month. We are lucky. So how did it happen?
I got a call from Ammon's school one morning around 11:30. They said that Ammon had been playing soccer (he plays every day at recess) and had collided with another kid. The nurse told me that she had been watching him in her office for 45 minutes and decided then that I needed to be called to pick him up. I was kind of surprised she didn't call me right away. But whatever.
When I picked him up Ammon was in tears. He was pretty bruised up and upset. So I got him in the car and started driving home. We only live 5 minutes away from the school and I noticed he was having a lot of difficulty staying away and just looked and acted different so I drove him straight to the doctor's office. They got him right in and checked him out. He was very sleepy and kept saying he was going to throw up. So she decided to send us to the ER to get an MRI done to make sure his head was okay. It was the nicest hospital I've ever been in and so efficient. They got him right in gave him some anti nausea medicine and 30 minutes later he getting an MRI. Everything checked out good and we were sent home. On the way he finally threw up all over Jody's car (something he felt like doing all day) then he came home and slept for a few hours. He was a little messed up that day and had bruising for a few weeks but seems to be doing fine now. I didn't take pictures right away but here are a few a week later that show it a little.
I have to say that our first trip to the ER was not bad at all. Luckily my friend Miriam was able to watch my other kids. And we were home and back to normal life in just a few hours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
aw, poor little thing. I love his smile in that first picture...and glad he's ok!
poor guy. glad you got a good hospital experience. that can be a nightmare!
so glad that adorable boy with the heart of gold was okay!
Poor kid. I felt so bad for him when you told me about it. Glad it was Jody's car and not yours he threw up in, right?
Post a Comment