Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Family









We had a great holiday season. But it went by way too fast.  I felt like everyone was here and gone, food was eaten, presents were opened and before we knew it we were on our way to Georgia to see more family. It all went by so quickly.  Alex and Mitch arrived on a Wednesday afternoon.  My kids were so excited to see them. Mitch was great playing football with the boys outside and then giving Rylee all of the attention she demanded from him. I think she may have a crush on her uncle Mitch.  Alex and I ran errands that afternoon, made dinner that night and then Jody picked my parents up from the airport.  It was so much fun having everyone in our small home and we can't wait until we have a bigger/better space to host our family. 

Thursday morning we went to the Air Force Academy.  We live about 10 minutes from the Academy and hadn't gone and checked it out yet.  They had a visitor's center that we toured and then we walked down to the Cadet's Chapel.  The kids ran around and loved getting outside. 

Both mornings Jody took the guys and kids out to play basketball at the YMCA. And on Christmas Eve he took all four of them. The younger two played in the child watch so it was really nice for my mom and I to get to clean and cook with no interruptions or extra messes!  I think I'll request that every year.

After the tour we girls split from the guys and went to lunch and then shopped for a while.  We had a late lunch and so we sent the boys out to dinner while we stayed home and baked and prepared food for Christmas Eve.  Our dinner was delicious. My mom cooked an amazing prime rib. Then we also had double stuffed potato's, a yummy salad, green beans with bacon, and bread.  For dessert we had apple dumplings and my Aunt Patty's delicious cranberry cake.  But I'm getting ahead of myself. Always thinking about food.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Had such a great time but I need a do-over. It went by way too fast!!

Jami said...

YUM! Sounds nice and I love your pics...your hair looks lighter-it's cute! Love that last one of the kids...

Kasey said...

Hooray for an update! I am hoping you have some pictures from the nativity that I can steal!