Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas










For Christmas Eve we had my parents, sisters Alex and Kasey and their husbands/kids and my cousin Kadi and her family.  It was a full house and we do not have very much room. But we made it work. After dinner the kids did the nativity for us.  Jody and Mitch set up the scene downstairs and Jody planned the program.  Then the kids took turns singing songs to us.  After the singing we went back upstairs to let our kids exchange gifts they had gotten each other.  Kaden was hilarious.  He got Ammon a gag gift and had him open it before he opened his real gift.  Watching Kaden's face was so funny.  Ammon opened the gift which was a pair of underwear.  I was laughing and said," Ammon make sure you say thank you." And he did!  He didn't get that it was a joke.  Then Kaden handed him his real present, which was laser tag.  The funny thing is that Ammon actually put the underwear on that night before he went to bed. I think he actually liked it!

After the kids were done we had a white elephant exchange with the adults. We got a remote control helicopter and an ornament.  Kasey and Matt had to drive back to Fort Collins that night so we quickly had dessert and the party was over. 

We got our kids in bed.  Finished preparing the gifts and went to bed. I was expecting to be woken up before daylight but Jody actually ended up waking the kids up after 7.  The ran in and were excited to find their gifts from Santa!

Ammon got a snowboard and boots.  Some of his other gifts were a kung zhu pet, G.I Joe stuff, a drum set, a Cabela's wii game, a huge stuffed wolf that he named silver and is probably his favorite present that he sleeps with every night. 

Cohen got a DS light, some games for his DS, a lite brite, a crayola glow dome, lincoln logs, a kung zhu pet and more.

Rylee got a bike from Santa, a VW barbie car, barbies, barbie movies (are you seeing a theme), dress up shoes, a cabbage patch doll, clothes and a purring kitty cat.

Tate got some clothes and a few baby toys.

After opening presents we started cleaning up and had to pack to go to Georgia the next day.  We took the tree and decorations down and then got in the car to drive to Kasey and Matt's house for Christmas dinner. Kasey fixed a delicious turkey meal. The kids always have so much fun together.  Matt had some fun activities for them to do.  One was hammering these rocks and finding colorful rocks inside. Then they had a little talent show.  Kaden, Alexa and Ammon were giving massages.  And Alexa gave all of the girls a pedicure. She was so cute.  Unfortunately I got sick that night and was in the bathroom every hour, sometimes multiple times. I was nervous to get on the plane but we made it to Georgia and I felt much better, just tired once we got there. 



We had a wonderful Christmas season but I cannot wait to be in our own home next year!!!!

5 comments:

Lani said...

sounds like so much fun - reminds me of when we were all little putting on our christmas program... love you!

Kasey said...

I love how hysterically Kaden is laughing in that pic where Ammon is opening the underwear. Too funny. And Alexa as a pregnant Mary? Yikes. So much fun. Hopefully next year you will be feeling GOOD!

Pam said...

Love the pics! I'm gonna steal them! Such fun but seems like forever ago!

Jami said...

How fun! I'm so glad you guys are close enough to get together all the time. Love the Christmas program and Kaden's gag gift. Keal wants to come see his crazy cousins and said he's bringing his big iron man mask and we should drive there today. Hope you're feeling better!

Jenni said...

I want to know how many pillow cases you destroyed to put on that play! lol.