Monday, May 31, 2010

Sequoia Park and Zoo








I was in McKinleyville for two weeks before coming back to Windsor for end of school year activities. That was a LONG two weeks. The first week wasn't so bad because my friend Tasha was there but the second week was pretty boring and the weather was horrible.

I took the kids to the HSU Marine Lab in Trinidad one day. It was pretty pathetic because they didn't have any fish tanks up (they are getting new ones) but Cohen was pretty excited about going. He told me it was the best day ever. Poor kid he was so bored and just needed to get out of the house. Actually I think there are some fun things to do with kids but I would enjoy it more if we had someone to go with us.

On the one beautiful day there I took the kids to the Sequoia Zoo. It's small but still cute and fun for little kids. Rylee loved the Monkey's. I thought the spotted owl was pretty cool. They have a barnyard and a small petting zoo. Two big crazy looking turkey's were following us around which kind of freaked all of us out. Then Cohen and Rylee were too scared to brush the goats and sheep so we didn't stay long in the barnyard. Cohen has no interest in going back there!

After the zoo we walked over to the park. I think it's one of the best parks for kids. The slides are high and situated between big trees and the swings are the best I've been on. It's just a really fun park. We will be doing that outing a lot this summer. Cohen wants to go to the zoo every week so that he can get, "used to it."

Saturday we drove back to Windsor and had planned to stay a week but then our friends asked us to house sit for an extra week and we happily said yes!

5 comments:

Alex Payne said...

cute kids! its weird to not see ammon in them and hear about him though cus he is still in windsor. Sequioa zoo is pretty great...especially on a sunny day!

Jami said...

wow, haven't been to the zoo and park in years & years. Love the pics of us when we were that age walking around the zoo. I like how Cohen wants to go more to get used to it! Now that is bravery! Have fun...hope your summer isn't all gray! at least you'll have the lake...

Kasey said...

How fun! Can't wait to go there with you guys!

Kasey said...

Oh and the whole time I was reading that post/looking at the pics I kept wondering where Ammon was too. So weird not to see him!

Kasey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.