Monday, April 19, 2010

Three down.


One to go! Rylee is officially potty trained and it was SO easy! She has been partially potty trained for a few months. The problem was that I knew I needed to put her in underwear and just go for it but we are never home for a full day. Two weeks ago was spring break for all three of the kids so I decided to finally go for it. But I was still struggling to stay home. We worked on it a little each day. Finally Friday I decided to just keep her in underwear when we went to the park. Problem was going #1 was easy for her, but #2 was not. Friday went great, she had one accident Saturday. But by Monday she hadn't gone #2 since Thursday and was hurting. She held it in all day Monday. Even stayed dry at school but still would not go #2! Finally that night she went and it hurt very badly. I knew she still had to go. But we went to dinner anyway. When we got home she finally went some more and then for the next 45 minutes she was in the bathroom still going! She got the hang of it and every day since has gone. What a difference it's made for her. She used to get very constipated. She has only had two accidents and is so independent. I have to run in and wipe for her or else she will do it herself and won't tell me. I don't even have to remind her if she needs to go because she will tell me if we are out or she will just go, on her own. It's so great. The only hard thing about having a girl potty trained is that she can't just go anywhere we are. I have got to get a portable potty to take places. I'm so proud of Rylee she is really growing up and becoming so much more enjoyable.

6 comments:

Kasey said...

Yay! Getting through the potty training stage is such a wonderful feeling. Good job Rylee! I just can't believe she is old enough...I need to see that girl more.

Alex and Mitch said...

good job Roo-ster!!! she is getting so big! i cant wait to see her this summer!

Pam said...

Love that girl-it will be so fun to have a little girl to hang out with this summer-a big girl too (you)!

Jennifer said...

Can she come show Lilly what to do? I'm dying.

Jami said...

I'm so jealous!!! someday. and so happy for you!

Celeste said...

Yeah! I'm so glad it was so easy for you. It will be so nice having one less kid in diapers!