I chopped my hair. After having a baby my hair falls out like crazy. So it was very thin and damaged. The only bad thing about having short hair again is that I actually have to fix it every day! It's too short to pull up.More change. We are moving out of our rental house in less than two weeks! Crazy. I'm so full of different emotions. I get very sentimental about these things and though change is good I don't always look forward to it.
About six months ago we decided that we needed to make some sort of move to get ahead financially. Jody has been traveling up to Eureka every other week for a couple of days for work. I didn't want to stay in our home, with no a/c for another summer and we wanted to save some money. So I got and idea and that idea has transpired into us moving out next weekend. I am going to live with my parents in McKinleyville for the summer. The kids couldn't be more excited. Adults (me and my parents) maybe a little nervous for it all. Taking in four kids plus me is a big change for them. They aren't used to chaos. I'll miss my own space with my family but I am also looking forward to spending time with friends and of course with my parents. I think it will be a summer full of new memories between my children and their grandparents. And to me that is priceless. When Jody is in Windsor he will be staying with a wonderful family in our ward who have so graciously offered to take him in. They own a large home and four of their five kids are now out of their house. All of our belongings are going into storage and we will be moving back in August. We are hoping to find a month to month rental home. Jody may be putting in a transfer for work this summer and if they doesn't work out we will buy a home here sometime after Christmas.
So it's all up in the air. Which is kind of exciting but sometimes a little scary when you've got four little people depending on you. One thing I'm sure of is that as long as we are together it's going to be just fine.
18 comments:
You look so fabulous! I love your hair short. I am excited for you guys to move back home... I'll be seeing you in June! That will be so fun to have your kids see your parents everyday and to save some money!
love the hair!!! And so excited to have you back....even if it's just for the summer!
gorgeous! you are one hot mama. i love the new cut! and what are you wearing? it looks really cute. oh, and your arm candy is pretty adorable too! love you!
We'll have to try to get together and do a girls lunch! It will be nice to see your smiling face in town.
You are beautiful Kelly. Good luck with the move! You are a lucky girl!
I absolutely love your hair no matter what you do with it! You always are so cute! Good luck with move, it sounds exciting and a good choice. It will be fun to be near family,that's for sure!
and ps - it's a boy - just like you guessed...boy, boy, girl, boy. Now I have now idea what to do with the room since Avery and the baby have to share!
Cute hair!
Good luck on all the changes!
I love your hair! I am sending you good thoughts through the process. I love your attitude! :D
cute hair kel! makes me think about cutting mine...but i've gotten to far to chop it.
Cute post though....that will be nice for the kids and mom and dad to be able to make special memories together. The boys for sure will remember this summer. Weird that I won't be going back to your old place ever. Is that weird that it makes me a little sad?
I am excited for you guys and anxious for you to see what the future has in store for you guys. I kinda hope you stay there though cus its so so nice! Where is Jody looking to transfer?
We have been in that same situation before with 3 kids and moved in 2 months with my parents while Chris got hired out here. We weren't sure what would happen when we moved in with them either. I was worried about all the noise and chaos for the empty nesters too but then I remembered that they raised the 4 of us and figured this would be way easier! It was a great time, a little crouded, but really good memories and time well spent with the grandparents. I love change and adventure but it is scary when you want to give your kids stability. You have the right attitude about it and it will be a fun adventure for all of you. It will work out the way it is supposed to.
PS All my hair falls out after I have each baby too so I cut it off too. Wondering if it will be harder for me this time since it is so long now. Yours looks really cute and the great thing about having it too short for a ponytail is that we can't resort to one everyday!!
I am so excited for your move!!! Can't wait! your hair looks so cute!!Y
K - where did my comment go? Hmmm...
I basically just agreed with everyone that I LOVE your hair! I kept meaning to ask you about it and remembered everytime I got off the phone with you. You look so good. Love the pic! And I'm with ya...I hate that I actually have to fix my hair before I go out. I usually always do, but there are also those times that we wake up just a little too late for school and I look like a freak with my hair all crazy.
Cute haircut! I love it. I'll be thinking of you getting ready to move...good luck. You will have wonderful memories of the summer! And the kids will probably be in HEAVEN. They won't want to come back!
Stacy and I were talking about you and Jody a few nights ago, thinking about what a fun time we had when we visited, so I remembered your blog. Wow! You have been busy! You have such an adorable family! Tate is beautiful! You look amazing! Sounds like you definately have some adventures ahead of you. I am sure it will all work out. Just have faith that it will. Where are you looking to be transfered to? Maybe Canada?? haha
Dana
You have the hair that I WANT Kelly. Gorgeous! And that little guy could not get any cuter. Really.
All the change is so exciting! I'm with you though, a summer for your kids bonding with grandparents? They will forever remember it and love it, no doubt. I always envy the relationship you have with your parents. Take it all in while you can, I think.
K love the hair and I am thinking you should move back to UTAH...just a thought... :)
Kelly! What a huge change! So you'll be possibly buying a house and transferring to Eureka? Or still stay down there? What a fun summer. Hopefully you'll spend a lot of time at the river, too! Wish I was coming to Humboldt. xoxo
Just wanted to let you know:
WE MISS YOU GUYS!
Post a Comment