Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Life




I'm a horrible, horrible blogger. It's not like there aren't things to blog about. I think it's partly due to the weather though. When it's rainy and we are inside 99% of the time I have no motivation to take pictures and I don't like posts without pictures.


Like many of you we spent the better part of January covered in rain. Yes I know we need rain, but sometimes people with kids need a break. I resumed working out at the gym and thanks to my strep throat kicked off the new year dropping the xmas weight I had gained and I'm off to a good start.


Ammon started basketball and is loving and excelling at it. He scores at least two baskets a game now. Rylee started a preschool program three mornings a week, the same days and times and Cohen, and so it is just Tate and I. I'm loving my free time. I either workout, run errands or clean the house. I can actually go on field trips or to class parties now! I felt slightly guilty putting Rylee in a program at 2 1/2 but it's good for both of us. I've never met or seen a child quite like her. She can give anyone a run for their money.

I just registered Cohen for Kindergarten today. It makes me sad that he will be in school full days. I LOVE four year olds. So much fun.

Jody and I have been slightly addicted to Mario Kart lately. We play a few rounds every night and I'm finally starting to beat him. Ammon is pretty good at it too.

My mom came for a visit last week. From Wednesday to Saturday we couponed together, went to When in Rome (don't waste your money, wait until it's out on rental), to the mall, Target and just hung out together. My kids were so excited that my dad came Friday. I love having someone to hang out with during the day.

On Sunday we had the Unga's and Jay's over for the Superbowl (wish I'd taken pictures). Good food and fun conversation.

Valentine's Day should be low key. We are going out Saturday night. Just dinner and a movie. On Sunday I plan on cooking a nice meal for Jody and letting the kids help me. I'm thinking about heart attacking their rooms and I always make them pink pancakes.

Crossing my fingers for sunshine!

8 comments:

kh said...

Oh yes, it must be an epidemic, cause I am having a hard time blogging too.

Love the pics Kel. They are amazing! What a beautiful family you have. (Gorgeous landscape too!)

Lindsey said...

amazing pics! they are gorgeous. i hope you frame them. your vday plans sounds great! i will have to dye our pancakes pink too! loved your post, please keep blogging! :)

Pam said...

I love just hanging out with you too and love being with your family!! I can't wait for the rain to be over too.

Celeste said...

cute pictures... Danny has that same cute sweater as Tate. One nice thing about having a winter baby is that you shouldn't take them out much anyway... so staying inside isn't so hard when it's raining and snowing outside. How nice to have some alone time for you and Tate.

Kasey said...

LOVE all the pics...especially the one of Jody, Cohen and Ammon. So cute! I really can't believe Cohen will be in Kindergarten - that is crazy!

Jones Photography said...

Your family is gorgeous!

Jami said...

love heart attacking...I'm getting all these cute ideas from blogs for next year! Were you loving the sun for a couple days? Looks like more rain today. Lucky to have your mom to hang out with. I can't wait until mine is home every day.

Jenni said...

I love your pictures.