Friday, February 26, 2010

Ammon

It's been a big week for this boy. He will turn seven in June! I can't believe it. Truly I can't. It breaks my heart. The other day he said, "Mom the days seem like they are going fast. Does it seem that way to you too?" Way, way too fast Ammon!


Last night Ammon lost his first tooth. It was right before he went to bed so the tooth fairy was already out making his/her rounds. I'm sure they will come tonight (wink). It had been loose for a few months and Ammon finally decided to give it a good pull and it fell out on the ground. He took it to school today to show his class.



Wednesday night he performed a star role in the play Little Red Riding Hood. He was the big bad wolf. Pretty much the opposite of who he is! I work in his classroom once a week (his school provides daycare for parents who volunteer) and his teacher informed me before she gave out parts for the play that Ammon was petitioning to be the wolf. He told her he could growl really loud and run really fast. He sold himself well because he was given the part. When he came home with the lines to rehearse I was pretty worried because it was a lot to memorize. I think he was born to act because he learned his lines very quickly with little help from me. He even had three solo songs. It was adorable and we couldn't have been more proud. They had a dress rehearsal before the big night for the other first grade classes. After the rehearsal kids came up to him on the playground and asked if he was the wolf and told him he was a really good wolf. He too was very proud!



Ammons school work has really taken off this year. He's reading so well and putting things together quickly. It's so much fun to see your kids learn. I just love this boy. Such a do gooder and all around fun, easy, sweetheart.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awww... he's so cute! I love that he had a lead role and that he memorized it all! We always said he'd be a great actor...right?! I can't believe he will be 7!! That freaks me out/makes me sad too.

Kasey said...

How cute! Is that drool going down his chin in the close-up pic of the missing tooth? He is such a cute big, bad wolf. He did a great job. Loved the video!

Jami said...

So cute! I would die to see that play. I'd probably start bawling because he's so stinkin cute! PS Love the boots, babe!