Monday, January 25, 2010

This last trip to Atlanta was probably my favorite one. I really appreciated being able to relax. Not worrying about cleaning my house, cooking, or driving kids around. But just truly enjoying the moments. We were able stay for almost two weeks and I enjoyed every minute there.

One afternoon we drove to Atlanta to go to The Varsity. I've heard about it for eight years and we finally made a trip to it! Cindy and Larry used to go when they were young and it was fun to hear their stories. It was what Cindy calls a "greasy spoon" but it was fun and and the food was pretty good.

Most of the family came New Year's Eve. Jody's brother Jeff smoked some amazing ribs. It makes me hungry just thinking about them. Then we really just hung out the rest of the evening.


My kids get lots and lots of attention because they are the youngest kids. They love to wrestle and be silly with their grandad and then make arts and crafts or read books with their grandmom. It is always especially hard for Ammon to leave. He cried at the airport because he didn't want to go. I always have a great time with Cindy, such a wonderful mother in law.


We hope to see you all soon. Come to California!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Love the seatbelt face picture. Trying to figure out how you guys are able to travel so much!! Jealous.

Pam said...

So glad you got such good inlaws (like I did). Love the pics and can't wait to see those cute kiddos next week!

Kasey said...

What a great trip. Looks like lots of fun. And I'm super duper jealous you got to see Gram and Gramps.