
Christmas was simple, quiet and perfect this year. It was our first Christmas waking up in our own place and I loved it. My parents came down and spent both days with us. My mom and I went simple with the dinner. We made a Prime Rib, twiced baked potatoes, a salad, and bread. It was delicious and so easy. After dinner Jody put together a Nativity with the kids. Ammon was Joseph, Rylee was Mary and Cohen was an Angel. We sang songs while he read from Luke in the Bible and the kids acted out their parts. After the nativity the boys wrestled with my dad and then they were quickly off to bed. I love Christmas Eve. The easiest day of the year to get your kids to go to bed! We spent a lot of time tracking where Santa was on the internet. I ended up staying up until midnight until he was in San Francisco. Yes, I know he isn't real. But it was fun!The kids woke up around 6:30. Ammon was thrilled to get the Nintendo DSI he had been asking to get from Santa. I've never seen him more proud of an object. He pulls it out in front of people just to get a reaction and he tells everyone about it. Cohen got a CD player and Rylee got a kitchen. These were the gifts Santa brought the kids. They each got a lot more. Rylee was happy with a couple of presents. She actually didn't end up finishing opening the ones she got. The boys thought they were done opening when I realized they'd forgotten to look in their stockings. Surprise more toys and candy. They especially loved their rubberband guns.
My dad made breakfast and then we spent the morning playing with toys. My parents left in the early afternoon to get back home in time to spend the weekend with my brother Chris and his kids.
We were leaving for Georgia the next day so before the day was through the tree and decorations were down. It was such a nice relaxing day. We packed that night and flew out the next day for almost two wonderful weeks in Georgia.

Cute little Tate got a couple of toys that he won't be playing with for a few months. He is such a sweet boy.
5 comments:
It does sound perfect. I want to come next time! :)
I can't believe how much Tate has grown since I was last year. He looks like a different baby (almost)! Adorable!
Tate seems so sweet! I love the dino jammies.
We have never done a Christmas at home and I think next year may be the year we start and travel the week after.
I caught up with your blog and now I miss you all a lot!!
How peaceful! Sounds awesome. Tate is getting big and is so handsome! We need to meet up soon!
That sounds like such a nice Christmas. How cute that you can react the Nativity with just your family. ...and Tate is such a cutie!
Post a Comment