We arrived in Georgia on a Saturday night. The kids did great on the plane. We had a direct flight. Love direct flights. Sunday all of Jody's siblings came for dinner. I love his family. I feel like they are my family. I guess after eight years they really are. But I just feel comfortable with all of them and love spending time with them.Because my grandparents live in Knoxville, which is only three hours away, we decided to drive up Monday evening and spend a few days with them. Jody's parents drove with us and stayed in a hotel. When we got to Knoxville my Grandma had a delicious meal ready for us. I love spending time with my Grandparents. They are such amazing people and I have so many wonderful memories with them. My Grandma and I got to spend a lot of time together and we even stayed up until one in the morning both nights talking. She told Jody and I such wonderful stories about her childhood and earlier years. My boys loved playing with Grandpa Chuck. My Grandpa loves to tease the kids and my boys were giving it right back to him. At one point they talked him into giving them a ride on his lawnmower. Rylee loved my Grandma and kept getting her to go outside and play with her. My kids are so lucky to have these memories with their Great-Grandparents.
Leaving their house is always difficult. But they had to be somewhere early the morning we were leaving and left before us. I cried just leaving their house. They just mean so much to me.
On our way home we tried to take a shortcut from Knoxville to Gainesville where Jody's Grandmother lives. Somehow we missed a turnoff and went a little out of the way but I enjoyed the drive through the mountains. When we got to her home Jody's Grandmother had lunch ready for us and then the kids played while she held Tate and we caught up. She is such a wonderful woman and I wish we could have spent more time with her. Jody was able to drive back to her house before we left and loved being able to spend some quality alone time with her.
1 comment:
Aw, I miss Gram & Gramp! Lucky girl. Sounds like you guys got to see everyone and had a fun trip. Can't wait for Granny to be out here with us! Tate looks so cute!!!!
Post a Comment