Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My CRAZY kids!

Last Tuesday night I was making dinner (BLT's and Trader Joe's sweet potato fries, just because I'd be curious if I were you) and Jody was on the computer or something. Cohen had been sent up to his room because he kept putting some tiny toy in his mouth when Jody repeatedly told him not to. Like usual Rylee went up to bug with him while he was in time out.

Our doorbell rang and it was our neighbor from across the street who said," I just wanted to let you know that there are two kids on your roof right now." I bolted upstairs to find Rylee perched on top of the roof right in front of the window and Cohen sitting on the bed. Cohen had opened the window, which I've told the boys they were never allowed to open and Rylee had pushed the screen through and climbed out. Who knows how long they'd been out there. The neighbor said he heard kids outside while he was in his garage. He looked out and saw our two kids sitting on the roof!!! I about had a heart attack. I was shaking and freaking out. All the possibilities go through your mind of what could have happened. Luckily everyone was fine and the window is securely closed now. Lessons learned? Don't put too much trust in a four year old, the unthinkable is always thinkable, pay better attention to your kids, and secure your windows. Oh and tell your 6 year old not to tell anyone! It doesn't sound good when you hear him say, "Rylee has been on our roof " to a friend.


The scene of the crime

11 comments:

Aubree said...

That is a wild story!! I am glad everyone is ok! Rylee seems to keep you on your toes! :)

Janelle said...

Oh my gosh, I wouldn have been dying! That is pretty hilarious though. And it seems fitting since your last post was titled "Trouble." :)))

Lindsey said...

I still can't believe it, but luckily your neighbor saw and no one got hurt. Crazy kids! Hope you had a good time in SD. love you and will call today...!

Eava said...

The exact reason I don't have any kids :) I think I would die from the stress.

I remember jumping off our roof with a garbage bag around the age of 6. Thinking just maybe I could fly.

kh said...

Okay first, I nearly had a heart attack with you as I was reading this and second, sorry, but your ending made me laugh! Dark 'secrets' run deep in our family too! :0)

I am so so happy they are both fine. What an experience!

Kasey said...

That is crazy! Thank goodness for your neighbor, huh? How scary!

And I love how you told us what you were making for dinner because I was wondering! Sounds yummy. Wish we had a trader joe's.

Celeste said...

Scary! I bet you were freaking out! Thank goodness for good neighbors!

Jami said...

holy CRAP! I think I might have a heart attack just reading about this! Crazy, crazy kids.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

This gave me a heart attack reading it. WOW. I am sooo glad to hear it turned out fine.

Missy said...

I'm dying at this. I would be shaking and freaking out too. Buut, the same thing happened to my mother-in-law when my husband was little (maybe 4 or 5?) - he was just sitting on the roof. All ended up ok and you are not the first one to have this happen to, hopefully that makes you feel a little bit better (?)

Jill M said...

I laughed at first, and then wanted to cry for you as a mom and the fear. Sometimes what the parents don't know may be best!