Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Miss Independent

Rylee's hair has gotten so much lighter this summer. Everyone has been commenting on it lately. She has also become very, very independent. She gets mad at me if I try to put a shirt or dress on her or if I try to buckle her into her car seat or stroller. She wants to do it all by herself. And when she does accomplish something she gets so excited and says, "I did it! I did it!" She also loves to look at herself in the mirror and say, "I cute." Ah girls. What can I say, so different from boys. I love it..

I still haven't tried the potty training but I'm going to. She can tell the difference between when she pees and when she poops so I might as well give it a go.


This was my attempt at having a mini photo shoot with her before my friend came over to let me take pictures of her baby. They didn't turn out great but I'm really happy with the baby pictures.

Every Thursday night is Summer on the Green here in Windsor. We love it. There are amazing food booths set up from great restaurants, music playing and everyone comes. Our favorite booth is the shaved ice one. They even have the Hawaiian cream to put on top. Which if you don't know is sweetened condensed milk and whip cream. What's not to like about that?

Cohen enjoyed the old cars last week. In case you couldn't tell this is his favorite shirt. He calls it his "purple" shirt but really it's maroon. He likes it because it's not "too long" meaning that it doesn't hang down too far on his shorts. He is so particular sometimes. He would wear this shirt every day if I let him.




We've just been hanging out and keeping things low key lately. Not too exciting but nice and laid back. I'm really not ready for Ammon to go back to school August 13th. I feel like summer just started.

7 comments:

Jami said...

I love that last picture of Rylee in the photoshoot! So cute. Thursday nights sound fun. We have creekwalk concerts fridays, but we never go...yours sounds much better than ours! See you TOMORROW!!

Sarie said...

I know, I feel the same way about Grace going back to school. I feel so safe and content knowing she's under our roof instead of at school all day. Hope you're feeling good! can't wait to see that new little face!

Unknown said...

love the pics of Rooster and Cohen. I love how Rylee is so independent lately! so funny! Cohen cracks me up with his shirt. and the pose with him holding his shaved ice...ha i have seen him do this pose a few times. ha.

Jenni said...

I need a new camera. And I like Jody's shirt. Random. I know.

Pam said...

Can't believe how blond she is. So cute and crazy Cohen, so crazy.

Lindsey said...

windsor sounds like a great plce to live. i love that they do these summer night things. rylee is so cute. getting so big!

Alex and Mitch said...

oh the comment from mitchell was me (your sister ALex!!) love ya