Thursday, July 30, 2009

a hiking we will go.

Our fearless leader took us on a hike behind Grandpa and Grandma's house on Saturday. The mission was to find deer.

Off we went with our hiking sticks. Our leader made sure we all had one. His second in command threatened to take over and at one point did. It was a fearsome battle between the two.

The weakest of our group (Grandpa) was often left behind. On his own to catch up with us. In pursuit of food (aka blackberries) for our journey.

Second in command takes the lead while our former leader takes off into the woods to transform into a VERY hungry bear!

Speaking of bear. Could that be some bear droppings? Our fearless leader assures us it is. But wait maybe horse. No, no it has to be bear poop. Much more exciting. And it's fresh. Where could that bear be? Will we run into him? Grandma thinks she hears it in the woods, she wants to go back home, alone? We remind her if it is a bear we should stick together. She agrees and we hike on.


You guessed it a very, ferocious, life sucking, banana slug! The most exciting wildlife found on our journey.

Happy to be heading home. She can camp alone but hiking? It's for the dogs.

Rylee was quite possibly the scariest wildlife out there. I'd put my money on her if she were in a fight with a bear.


Whew we made it home safely! And fortunately our fearless leader saw two deer later that afternoon. There will certainly be more hikes to come.

6 comments:

kh said...

So cute Kelly! What a fun hike! (I think I would have to side with your Mom, even the thought of a bear and I'd be on my way out!)

Ha ha. Rylee is so cute!

Lani said...

so funny - what a great post. their imaginations are wonderful!!

Pam said...

Loved the story/pictures of our exciting hike. Ammon has certainly been excited about seeing deer lately. Loved his call to grandpa tonight about going into the mountains with Jody tomorrow to look for deer. He sounded like a big hunter!

Alex and Mitch said...

Ha...loved the post kell! so cute. I am jealous and wish I could have joined the hike!!!

Lindsey said...

such a cute post! it reminded me of the book, we're going on a bear hunt. fun day!

Jenni said...

Okay, I have to tease your Dad about his hiking ensemble. Hasn't anyone told him you should never mix camo prints?