Wednesday, July 08, 2009

A Happy 4th



I have to admit I was not looking forward to our annual 4th of July trip to Trinity Lake. Rylee has not been her best lately. I was expecting constant chasing, tantrums, and exhaustion. But to everyone's amazement she was an absolute joy to be around! Thanks to Jody's harness system, which I did not fully support until I saw it in action, life at camp was actually relaxing. He came up with this idea at home and I thought it sounded awful (scroll down to see it in action). Rylee did great on it and after the first day or two we let her off of it and she stayed right in camp. She was flirty, silly, cute and cuddly. I guess the lake can change any person's mood!


This little ride Cohen and Alex took together didn't end well. The tube sunk down in the front and freaked Cohen out.


Jody and dad had a diving competition that had us all laughing. Imagine my dad doing the limbo and Jody serenading me and doing a cartwheel off the back of the boat. I think Jody won the overall competition.



What's a lake trip without ice cream at Trinity Alps? The Berry family joined us for the 4th. Unfortunately we lost them on the lake for most of the day but found them just in time to invite them to camp for dinner before they went back home. We love their family. Easygoing and lots of laughs.





Part of Rylee's happiness had to with Aunt Alex, or Rylee's second mommy. She was all over Alex. When she didn't want me she went to Alex.


This was the way she looked the whole weekend.

The harness system.


We were surprised to find out the O'hare family came to Trinity for the 4th. For those who don't know they are my sister Lindsey's in laws from Arizona (Alan's sister). We were able to spend Monday with them.


We also enjoyed my dad's turtle hunting. Purely entertaining. I've got to get it on film. Cohen loved the water this year. He wanted to be swimming the entire day. The boy's got to go on their first wave runner rides. Spent time with the Jones family. Ammon and Cohen slept outside every night with my dad until a bear came into our camp. Ammon was in heaven, though he slept through it. The next day he was begging us to let him put the trash in the back of my dad's truck so the bear would come again. He even put out wheat thins with honey on them to try to attract it, to no avail. Cohen was able to stay an extra two days with everyone after we left yesterday. Ammon gets to go all next week. So I'm enjoying some two kid days instead of three but missing already missing Cohen.

Probably the funniest thing that was said this weekend was when a black man drove by us in camp and Ammon yelled out, in all seriousness, "Hey, is that President Obama?"

9 comments:

{Erica} said...

So funny about Ammon's question...hahahaha!

I LOVE that flag background....so rad!

Jami said...

So fun! I'm super jealous. Everybody looks so cute-especially your belly!

Alex and Mitch said...

The flag pics looks really great! Ammo is a great photographer! I miss my buddy Roosie! I wish I could take her to utah and keep her!!!! Hopefully she always loves me so much! I am glad she was so great for you this weekend and you guys had fun! I am soooo glad you guys came...always more fun with the Edmondson family! Love ya!

Kasey said...

That harness system is hilarious! I love it. Way to go Jody. So glad it did the trick! Ammon's Obama comment is killing me.

Great pictures! I love the flag background too. Where the heck did you find it?

Rachon & Jared to the Max said...

The freakin harness had me laughing so hard. Brilliant idea. Your kids are so cute!

Natty said...

You guys looked like you had a blast, and Im glad that rylee was god for you, that could definitly make or break a trip. Jodi was smart about that harness thig, I may try that one with Teegs one day

Louise said...

Kelly you look fabulous! From the countdown on your blog, I cannot believe your baby is due so soon really!! And your kids are darling/hilarious - Ammon's question is priceless! ps. love your Mom's spotty dress! (I have a major thing for spots and she was wearing them well!)

Missy said...

Where did you find that huge flag billboard?! That's such a great picture.

And where is Trinity Lake?? It looks amazing. Do you guys camp while there? And how long do you stay?

The harness system really is pretty cool.

You are such a cute pregnant gal Kelly!

Jenni said...

That comment is hilarious... and a little scary. I think I have blocked some things from my reality. I can't believe how close you are either. It seems like we JUST ran into you in the airport when you were only a few months! I hope we can hang out with you guys someday. We would have such a blast. We honestly think so much alike!