



I forced Larry and Jody to take me to a place in Georgia called Heritage Park to take pictures of the kids the last day we were there. Jody didn't give me much time. So next time I will be going back. But it was such a fun place. Larry took the one of our family. Obviously everyone didn't cooperate, Jody! His face says it all.So my first photography class is over. It was on Jessica Sprague's website with Candice Stringham. I HIGHLY recommend it to those who would like to get their camera's out of auto. I am proud to say I'm a full manual user now! You also don't have to have a super nice, expensive camera to take the class. Now I am on to her portrait class with my sister Kasey. So far I'm really excited with the direction she is going in. I hope to come out of it with better shots. I'm also going to take Jessica's photoshop class.
I can't believe school gets out in a month! I'm not ready to have all three kids home full time but I'm also excited to be able to have a little more freedom for going to visit my parents or heading to see my cousin Jami in Vacaville on a weekday.
I've started a garden! Not a big one. We have a miniature yard. I bought three wine barrels, filled them with soil and as soon as the rain stops I'll be planting tomatoes, zucchini, squash, herbs, strawberries, and green beans. Supposedly anything can grow in this climate almost year round. Our family didn't have a garden growing up so this is my first go at it and I'm hoping my thumb is green. I am proud to say that I've had a plant and kept it alive in our house for almost four years! That says something right?
Jody and I are going on the stake Trek in one month! We will be a Ma and Pa and will have a group of 7-8 teenagers for three days. We will be dressed like pioneers and pull a hand cart and camp out in the open. I'm so excited that they asked us to go and that my mom is willing and able to come stay with our kids. It is going to be a WONDERFUL experience!
10 comments:
Wow! You are so good to take a class. I have often wondered about that and think I should, I am just super lazy. I think these shots of your kids and family are really good. You will be so happy when you get old and have nice shots of your kids. I know they will be happy too!
Good luck on the garden! We planted some vegetables and so far so good, but then the major heat isn't upon us yet. (Fingers crossed for you and I both!)
Wow again! You are gonna be a trek momma with child? Is that safe? I am sorry to be worried, you know your body better than I do. My doc would be so mad if I did something like that. I know you will have a wonderful experience! I am dying to be a Ma, heck I'd go as a kid again! :0)
Your pictures look beautiful! Your garden sounds exciting, we planted ours last weekend too. Good luck on your trek it sounds like an adventure :)
hi ammon how aoe you i mis you from madison
ha i love madison's shout out to ammon. so cute. Anyways....What a cool place to take pictures. It reminds me of where that lady took your family pics last summer. Those shoes Cohen is wearing...are they from Gap? I have some like it that i bought in the kid boys section! We could be matchy matchy..ha.
Your garden sounds awesome. Sounds like everyone I know is getting into the garden thing. Dad sounds pretty excited about his. Mitch wants to have one someday too.
Mom told me about you guys being Ma and Pa on the trek. How cool! That will be quite the experience. and you will be much further along...good luck sister!
Love the pics! Rylee looks like a big girl. Love the one where she looks like she is talking to Cohen. I'm excited for the trek-I'll get to be a ma too, to your kids!!
You can't expect me to believe you are pregnant. You look so tiny in that picture and you're wearing normal jeans!
Love the photos, and you're so awesome for getting educated on it. Your kids will LOVE you for being good at photography and recording all these great memories of them.
Very cute pics of the kiddos (and you and Jody). What a great location!
So excited about our new class sis! Hopefully we'll be professionals soon, right? Good luck with the garden. There's nothing better than fruits and veggies from your own garden. You should plant some herbs too. We did basil in Iowa and it was awesome.
Good luck on the trek. Can't say that I envy you on that one, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
First of all, such cute kids. I am actually jealous. ;)
And Chris and I did the whole Ma and Pa trek for youth conference in California in the middle of summer when I was pregnant with my 2nd (first trimester though). I was fine. Just drink plenty of water.
KELLY! These are AMAZING!
yes, I like the come visit me part...just got my new computer today and am already in love! hopefully I can blog soon!!!!! I started a garden too and am loving it...now on to the rest of the yard...
Post a Comment