Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Spirit of Christmas

We've been feeling it here this year. Despite all of the busyness we feel the spirit of Christmas all around us and in our home. A family in our ward lost their 16 year old son last night. He had a lot of health issues and went to the hospital in October to have surgery on his vocal chords. Due to complications he never came back home. He was in Jody's Deacon class. When I told Ammon about Jeremy's death he said, "But he's just a kid mom." Oh how grateful I am to know that I can tell Ammon that although his family will miss him they will see him again. The spirit of Christmas is really the spirit of Christ that we all feel this time of year. I know that. Especially this year as I looked across the phew in church today and saw Jeremy's family at church, not even 24 hours after he had passed. They were at church because they needed to feel His spirit and knowing that He helps them feel closer to their own son.

Right now I'm just really grateful to have a happy, healthy family. We never know what the future can bring. But we do know that we can be with loved ones again and how important it is to live in the present.

Rylee doing what she does best!

Ammon was in his class play on Thursday night. It was the Gingerbread Man and he was the farmer. The farmer's wife was his friend Livia. She's one of his four girlfriends. Ammon did a great job with his part. I was very proud. If I can get the video uploaded all post it!

6 comments:

Christi said...

I cannot believe how big your kids have gotten! Your spirit is amazing ,Kel

Celeste said...

How sad about that boy. What a wonderful post about the Spirit... I need to be better in remembering it this season especially.

Ammon... what a stud... FOUR girlfriends!! He's so cute.

Kasey said...

How is Rylee so big already? She looks SO cute in her skinny jeans and flats. Adorable.
I am so sad about Jeremy. I kept forgetting to ask you how he was doing. So, so sad.

Lindsey said...

when did cohen get so big? he is looking so old to me! Cute kids and Ammon's girlfriend is a looker!

SO sad about the boy. People amaze me with what they can go through and how they choose to react.

The White Way said...

I feel the same way. I am truly greatful to have my family here with me this christmas. There has been so much that has happen this last year that being able to have the spirit helps in a huge way. Your kids are beautiful. Ammon sure know how to pick his girlfriends, they all so cute.

Sarie said...

Wow, that's crazy. How horrible to have a loss like that.

p.s. I have the same grass thingys on my kitchen table from Pier one, right?