
It's always hard for me to get back in the swing of things after a vacation but it's even harder after a month of vacations. But no I'm not complaining.
Utah was great. Once again lots of good food, shopping and spending time with the family. I flew with Rylee on Thursday and the boys drove with my dad and Jody and got there on Saturday. Rylee was hilarious the whole time. She is even crazier than my boys. I think having two older brothers does something to a girl. She climbs up and into everything. She also loves to pull everything apart. Ever since I got back from Hawaii all I've heard is ,"Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" Each time her voice gets higher and she is always pointing at something. The minute we pull into a parking spot and stop the car she says,"want out." She was great on both plane rides.
Most days the girls would go shopping together while the boys would go to Cabela's, basketball games or to Park City. We also took the kids to the dinosaur museum with their friends Brayden and Maddie. They loved it and Ammon was so happy to see Brayden who moved to Utah this summer. I also got to see some old friends. I love getting togethe with old roomates. We went an saw Twlight together, which I love, and we didn't get any pictures! I miss those girls
On Thanksgiving my dad took Ammon down to the game room in the resort. Cohen wanted to go but he wasn't dressed yet. I told him that Jody would take him down to the game room when he got dressed. A few minutes later Jody left to take our niece Hayli back to BYU. An hour and a half later my dad, Chris and Ammon came back from the game room. I looked out the door and asked where Cohen was. They said Cohen wasn't with them. My heart dropped. I knew it had been a very long time since I had last seen him. I tried to call Jody but he had lost his phone snowboarding. So I called Alex, who left at the same time as Jody, and she said Cohen wasn't with Jody. I felt like I was in a nightmare and I started freaking out thinking of all of the places he could be. My mom and I had been sitting in her room watching TV while Rylee played around us and I knew Cohen couldn't be in the room unless he was hurt. I started running down the hallway to go look for Cohen when my mom, who was thinking clearly, called the front desk and asked if they had found a little boy. Halfway down the hall I heard my mom say, "They have him Kelly!" He was in public safety with a worker and a security guy. I could hear him crying from down the hall and the minute I put my arms around him I started bawling. One of the scariest moments of my life! I can't imagine losing a child yet people do all the time.
Supposedly Cohen got himself dressed and tried to find Ammon on his own. While we were there he was infatuated with the escalators and elevators. A couple found him in the elevator and took him to the front desk. He kept saying his name was Cohen Patrick. He got to drink hot chocolate and eat cookies. We had a big talk when he got back to the room and for the next couple days he would say, "I'm sorry I got lost mommy, or I'm sorry I pushed the wrong number (on the elevator and didn't get to Ammon)" I never thought he would ever leave the room. Then I didn't realize he was missing until and hour and a half later. I'm such a bad mom! Thank heavens he was okay.
We have another busy month with Christmas, going back to Utah for Alex's wedding, and all the parties and activities that come with the holidays. I just love this time of year!
10 comments:
My grandparents have a condo at Snowbird so this reminds me so much of always visiting them there when we were little- especially playing in the elevators. Glad you found Cohen- I would be so scared! And hilarious about Ryleee grabbing things she shouldn't in the tub.
Sounds fun, except for losing Cohen! What a nightmare. I feel for you and would also have been bawling myself. I'll look at my schedule to meet or just come visit. Maybe next week? Thursday?
The losing cohen inicident makes me want to cry! i so feel for you...that's scary and sickening. cute boy to keep saying he was "cohen patrick" though. you look so cute in all the pics. dad is a stud! I can't believe he is 3 years shy of 60!! What?!
I didn't know Alex was getting married!!!! The last and only time I saw her she was like 13. I feel old!! It looks like y'all had a blast!!!
Oh Kelly, my heart sank with yours! I hate that feeling of "where's my child?" I lost Marcor in Walmart (of all places) and they found him wandering around in the dairy crying and asking if anyone had seen me. It's pretty scary to think in any small moment they could be gone forever. You are NOT a bad mom, this stuff happens to everyone, some are lucky to get them back. Poor little guy. He's so darn sweet!
I love your photos. The one of everyone in the bath cracks me up. I have that same "problem" only it's everyone asking questions, if you know what I mean. Perhaps separate bathtimes are in order. Ha ha!
You did have such a fun month, I can't wait to hear about Dec! You are so cute Kelly! Congrats to Alex too! That is fun news!
Okay, first things first...how in the world did you not tell me about Cohen? I've only talked to you about 10 times since you were there! That is SO, SO scary. I can't even imagine.
Kaden and Ammon would get along great in the snow. They sound like two peas in a pod.
LOVE Rylee's cute sweater. Wherever did you find it? Ha-ha It is seriously adorable on her. She is getting TOO BIG!
Hmmm...what else? Oh yeah, wish I could have been there with you guys!
Looks like such a fun time, minus the part about missing Cohen. So scary.
When I saw the pic of you and your brother it took a second to realize it was your brother instead of some strange guy with his arm around you. :) Luckily Tyler saw it and set me straight.
We both agreed too that Lee is a stud! :)
I would die in a situation like that! So glad he was ok and that you found him just fine. I love that he kept apologizing though. What a cutie.
How fun is this trip?! Actually, the last TWO you've been on.
So fun! It kinda makes me want to go back to Utah (just to visit of course!). I love the picture of the boys on the sled together...too cute! Thats so cool Ammon learned to snowboard - Jonah always asks me if he can snowboard some day, but its a little hard when you don't have snow...I guess we can go on the sand dunes, huh? That's a sad/scary story about Cohen, but I'm glad it turned out good...scary stuff! I always find it hard to keep good track of my kids when families around, 'cause someone is always taking them somewhere, then not letting me know where they are...its too easy to lose them with so many people around!
Ammon looks so not amused to be getting his pic taken in the tub. I love it! SO scary about Cohen; glad he was safe and sound.
Post a Comment